AJ234z
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have a synoptic essay title " how energy is transferred within and between organisms" and i was told that i could write about muscle contractions, im a bit confused about the energy that is being transferred in this topic? I mean i know movement is energy but what specifically is the energy being transferred in the process of muscle contraction ( like the process of myosin heads binding and sarcomeres contracting like what is being transferred in this process)?
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I can see the within organisms, food energy to cell respiration and muscle contraction, as you say just describe what happens and how it is ‘fuelled’. Between organisms is less clear, perhaps it’s about one animal giving another a good kicking or you could go with the food chain argument
AJ234z
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
I can see the within organisms, food energy to cell respiration and muscle contraction, as you say just describe what happens and how it is ‘fuelled’. Between organisms is less clear, perhaps it’s about one animal giving another a good kicking or you could go with the food chain argument
Do you think i could write about nutrient cycles for the between organisms, im not sure though as it is transferring things like nitrogen and phosphorus not specifically energy?
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AJ234z)
Do you think i could write about nutrient cycles for the between organisms, im not sure though as it is transferring things like nitrogen and phosphorus not specifically energy?
Transfer of food is transfer of energy. So the carbohydrate, fat, and even protein in the bodies of animals which are consumed and digested by others will be relevant.
AJ234z
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
Transfer of food is transfer of energy. So the carbohydrate, fat, and even protein in the bodies of animals which are consumed and digested by others will be relevant.
So does that mean i can write about the nitrogen and phosphorous cycles?
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AJ234z)
So does that mean i can write about the nitrogen and phosphorous cycles?
My memory of these is pretty hazy but aren’t they more about transfer of nutrients between animals and plants to the soil
AJ234z
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
My memory of these is pretty hazy but aren’t they more about transfer of nutrients between animals and plants to the soil
from what we learned there is about the food chains and biomass which is relatively short and then there is a bit about how fungi and bacteria have an important role in nutrient recycling and then the two cycles, nitrogen and phosphorus
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (143)
42.56%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.33%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.43%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed