The Student Room Group

Lack of confidence

I just have been struggling tbh because I just am not confident about myself and I just want to be confident. I was going to join David Lloyd because it was suggested to join a gym but I realised the membership and I probably don't have enough because I am saving my money.

I just don’t know how to feel confident in myself, its not my appearance or any like that but it's more just I worry I am not doing as well as other people my age. I compare myself to people, I don’t get jealous of people and I never have but I just worry that everyone is doing better than me sometimes. Also I worry about my future being unsuccessful as well because everyone wants to be successful but it doesn't happen to everyone unfortunately and some people are unhappy. I like most people want to do well and stuff obviously.

It's just really like I try to focus on now but I sometimes feel embarrassed because I still go out in the car with a parents and stuff and still rely on parents a lot. I just sometimes worry people will judge me for that and stuff. I just worry as well that I am not doing enough as other people as well. I just don’t know what I'm getting from this tbh.
Hey. Having confidence is hard with the society we live in. But its something that can be gained with time and effort. Its normal to reminisce in the past and worry about the future but that's just it. Nothing comes from that. Maybe now if you try to figure out yourself and take the time to learn more about the present you...it can help figure out a lot of the stuff that's currently worrying you and soon you'll be confident enough to let go of people think because they're not important when you start to put yourself first. Theres nothing wrong with your lifestyle or what other people say about it. Start doing things you like and try out new hobbies. This is the time to truly discover yourself and accept you for who you are and soon enough you'll be so confident this time will seem irrelevant. I don't know if this will help but just thought I'd put it out there. Have a good day😁
Reply 2
Original post by Brownugget
Hey. Having confidence is hard with the society we live in. But its something that can be gained with time and effort. Its normal to reminisce in the past and worry about the future but that's just it. Nothing comes from that. Maybe now if you try to figure out yourself and take the time to learn more about the present you...it can help figure out a lot of the stuff that's currently worrying you and soon you'll be confident enough to let go of people think because they're not important when you start to put yourself first. Theres nothing wrong with your lifestyle or what other people say about it. Start doing things you like and try out new hobbies. This is the time to truly discover yourself and accept you for who you are and soon enough you'll be so confident this time will seem irrelevant. I don't know if this will help but just thought I'd put it out there. Have a good day😁

Alright thanks for this
Reply 3
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending