The Student Room Group

Do not get uplearn.

They literally have the worst services and my experience with them was not pleasant in the least! They ONLY care about money and not care about your studies. They even have people acting like students on TSR to gain more customers and attract students. Their videos aren’t helpful whatsoever, just a lot of unnecessary waffle making you think you’re learning something but you’re not! They don’t stick to their OWN return policies either. SAVE YOUR MONEY. YouTube and alternative study resources are incredibly better.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amelia2021
They literally have the worst services and my experience with them was not pleasant in the least! They ONLY care about money and not care about your studies. They even have people acting like students on TSR to gain more customers and attract students. Their videos aren’t helpful whatsoever, just a lot of unnecessary waffle making you think you’re learning something but you’re not! They don’t stick to their OWN return policies either. SAVE YOUR MONEY. YouTube and alternative study resources are incredibly better.

Would Tailored Tutor be better?
Reply 3
Original post by Mastermind_3
Would Tailored Tutor be better?

I do not have experience with tailored tutor. However, I can confidently say that free resources online are just as good. Tutors are helpful, but you don’t need them to get top grades. Some like Uplearn only want your money, so be very careful who you pay.
Reply 4
Original post by UpLearnChris
@Amelia2021 I looked on our system for all users with 'Amelia' in the name who had sent us or received a message from us in the last 7 days and didn't see any conversations related to dissatisfaction or refunds or anything like that. Based on this, I can only presume this is spam. However, if you are a real customer with a real complaint, please reach out to us on our live chat and ask for me, and I'll have this looked into personally.

- "They ONLY care about money and not care about your studies" - this is not true. If it was, we wouldn't have bothered with the scholarship programme
- "They even have people acting like students on TSR to gain more customers and attract students." - this is also not true. What we do have is a kickass product, and a lot of other companies that try and drag us down
- "Their videos aren’t helpful whatsoever, just a lot of unnecessary waffle making you think you’re learning something but you’re not." - A pile of students and teachers disagree with you (see Trustpilot also, as well as our testimonial videos on YouTube or on the new website which was launched by yours truly a few weeks ago :biggrin: I also put an Easter egg on the site if you can find it 🤠)
- "They don’t stick to their OWN return policies either" - this is not true. We've recently (last couple of months) made our policy even wider. I'm looking at our refund log right now (I can't post it due to GDPR) and we literally refunded an Up Core licence 23 hours ago.

Disclaimer: I work at Up Learn but these are my views and not those of Up Learn

THIS IS NOT SPAM. don’t discredit a review just because you want to sell your product. The ‘bunch of student’ probably work for uplearn. Never trust uplearn. Specially if they have the time to act as students. Save your money.

thanks haha
Reply 6

Erm Im currently in year 12 and I can say UpLearn is actually quite useful.. on the other hand, is it worth the £1100 I paid for 2 courses for 2 years... I am not too sure. I think its more of a placebo than anything to be honest. If you think UpLearn will genuinely help you, 9 times out of 10, it does, but you just can't rely solely on it, you have to end up using other resources to revise properly. Also I'm not a fake student sent by UpLearn hahaha just incase. Oh also my grades right now are B B C, UpLearn thinks I should be at A, A, B.... so something they need to fix hahaha crushing my hopes and dreams, hopefully my UCAS exams give my UpLearn results LOL
Original post by Namzino
Erm Im currently in year 12 and I can say UpLearn is actually quite useful.. on the other hand, is it worth the £1100 I paid for 2 courses for 2 years... I am not too sure. I think its more of a placebo than anything to be honest. If you think UpLearn will genuinely help you, 9 times out of 10, it does, but you just can't rely solely on it, you have to end up using other resources to revise properly. Also I'm not a fake student sent by UpLearn hahaha just incase. Oh also my grades right now are B B C, UpLearn thinks I should be at A, A, B.... so something they need to fix hahaha crushing my hopes and dreams, hopefully my UCAS exams give my UpLearn results LOL

Do you do Economics and do you feel your grades are slowly improving and that you'll eventually be able to get an A once you complete 90% of the course? Also do you make notes/flashcards while doing Uplearn.

Hiya! I’m starting y12 in September to study maths, physics and economics and Uplearn ‘guarantees’ A/A* or you get your money back. I’m so confused how it actually works, I’ve been considering using it for A-Level but if it’s a scam I’ll be a bit pissed off 😂. What resources are actually available on UpLearn?
Reply 9
Original post by pricklyhedgehog
Hiya! I’m starting y12 in September to study maths, physics and economics and Uplearn ‘guarantees’ A/A* or you get your money back. I’m so confused how it actually works, I’ve been considering using it for A-Level but if it’s a scam I’ll be a bit pissed off 😂. What resources are actually available on UpLearn?

Hey! I recommend trying the free trial first. As you can see, not everyone finds it useful haha.. I seem to find it great. my first Year 12 mock (January/February) I was sitting on a C,D,U grade. C in economics, D in geography and U in psychology (terrible right) so my parents and I decided to pay for UpLearn. It was my saviour for my end of year exams which I recently got 3 Bs, and Predicted 3 A's!!!! I don't think I could've done it without UpLearn - IN MY OPINION. But tons of people are saying to just use YouTube or alternatives. But yeah like I said before, try the free trial and see if you like it. additional may be useless info: I use UpLearn for Psychology and Economics, but use Seneca for Geography.
Reply 10
Original post by Ronaldinhoe
Do you do Economics and do you feel your grades are slowly improving and that you'll eventually be able to get an A once you complete 90% of the course? Also do you make notes/flashcards while doing Uplearn.

Sorry for the late reply! I do feel my grades are slowly improving. But I don't use ONLY UpLearn, I do flashcards, notes, blurting method etc. I think it would be too hard to get As and A*s just from using UpLearn and no other forms of revision.
Original post by Namzino
Hey! I recommend trying the free trial first. As you can see, not everyone finds it useful haha.. I seem to find it great. my first Year 12 mock (January/February) I was sitting on a C,D,U grade. C in economics, D in geography and U in psychology (terrible right) so my parents and I decided to pay for UpLearn. It was my saviour for my end of year exams which I recently got 3 Bs, and Predicted 3 A's!!!! I don't think I could've done it without UpLearn - IN MY OPINION. But tons of people are saying to just use YouTube or alternatives. But yeah like I said before, try the free trial and see if you like it. additional may be useless info: I use UpLearn for Psychology and Economics, but use Seneca for Geography.

Hey! First of all, just wanted to say congrats for your amazing grades! Wow!
Just wondering, what resources are actually available through UpLearn? I have a very specific way of learning and unless the content is very very close to the exam board and their specific markscheme, I tend to flop my exams haha! Is all the content very organised and does it stick closely with what the exam board markscheme and does it incorporate exam techniques too?
Original post by Namzino
Sorry for the late reply! I do feel my grades are slowly improving. But I don't use ONLY UpLearn, I do flashcards, notes, blurting method etc. I think it would be too hard to get As and A*s just from using UpLearn and no other forms of revision.

Hi! See that’s sorta what Uplearn markets…it claims that everything you need to learn for A-Level is provided and you’ll get A/A* from using UpLearn as your only revision resource! I suppose it’s different for everyone but doesn’t UpLearn have its own flashcards and stuff ?(that’s how I learn best)
Reply 13
Hey! First of all, just wanted to say congrats for your amazing grades! Wow!
Just wondering, what resources are actually available through UpLearn? I have a very specific way of learning and unless the content is very very close to the exam board and their specific markscheme, I tend to flop my exams haha! Is all the content very organised and does it stick closely with what the exam board markscheme and does it incorporate exam techniques too?

Thank you!! It is kind of hard to explain what the resources actually are. In a simplistic way, its sort of like free science lessons haha but with a guarantee. Videos with a person speaking through all the content needed for the exam and from my experience, they follow the exam board very well. However I can only say that for the ones I've paid for (Edexcel Economics and AQA Psychology) They also constantly ask questions to make sure you are paying attention and remembering the content. There's Exam style questions that require answering and you can ask some of the UpLearn workers for help and advice on answering them. They also have full exam papers you can answer but all of this has to be done on a computer.

I'm on a free scholarship for up learn and other than the physics module (I don't learn from those videos much) I learn from the rest of their content very well. Sometimes the tutors reply a bit late, some tutors are better than others but I have met some really helpful and good tutors as well.
Reply 15
Hey again ahaha, I guess it's different for everybody, but I personally wouldn't advise just using UpLearn without some other form of note taking or flash cards. UpLearn does not use flashcards but they do use Visceralisation, which I find completely useless. Its a form of creating a diagram to remember what a word or equation means.

Hi! See that’s sorta what Uplearn markets…it claims that everything you need to learn for A-Level is provided and you’ll get A/A* from using UpLearn as your only revision resource! I suppose it’s different for everyone but doesn’t UpLearn have its own flashcards and stuff ?(that’s how I learn best
Original post by Namzino
Thank you!! It is kind of hard to explain what the resources actually are. In a simplistic way, its sort of like free science lessons haha but with a guarantee. Videos with a person speaking through all the content needed for the exam and from my experience, they follow the exam board very well. However I can only say that for the ones I've paid for (Edexcel Economics and AQA Psychology) They also constantly ask questions to make sure you are paying attention and remembering the content. There's Exam style questions that require answering and you can ask some of the UpLearn workers for help and advice on answering them. They also have full exam papers you can answer but all of this has to be done on a computer.

Yeah maybe UpLearn isn’t best for me…I find learning all on a computer, or sites like Seneca absolutely useless for me 😂. Idk I thought UpLearn would be more a guide to help you with your flashcards and testing. I personally don’t learn by listening to boring videos haha, I have to actually write everything down and test myself over and over until it all goes in 😂. I’ll do the free trial anyway, but what other resources would you recommend for making flashcards or for lots and lots of exam questions on each topic?
Original post by Namzino
Hey again ahaha, I guess it's different for everybody, but I personally wouldn't advise just using UpLearn without some other form of note taking or flash cards. UpLearn does not use flashcards but they do use Visceralisation, which I find completely useless. Its a form of creating a diagram to remember what a word or equation means.

Yeah again I don’t learn like that haha! I think it would be good for visual learners but I’m more of a written learner so nothing goes in unless I physically write everything down and practice every possible question that could come up!
Reply 18
Yeah again I don’t learn like that haha! I think it would be good for visual learners but I’m more of a written learner so nothing goes in unless I physically write everything down and practice every possible question that could come up!

Well what I do with Psychology is have my notepad and write everything I hear, literally all the content I write it down. I don't do that for Economics though.
Original post by Namzino
Well what I do with Psychology is have my notepad and write everything I hear, literally all the content I write it down. I don't do that for Economics though.

Yeah I tried that with FreeScienceLessons but I found myself writing down loads of unnecessary content. I really only make flashcards and stuff for the content i absolutely need and then all extra stuff and write in a notepad. Like is there a website that has all the content you need for the exam so you can make notes and flashcards?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending