The Student Room Group

Thick hymen

I’ve been doing a lot of research because I have trouble inserting tampons or more than one finger it hurts a lot and feels like a very thick piece of skin is there. I’m a little confused as every I’ve looked has said the hymen is very thin. Is this something else? Or is my hymen just really thick and if it is do I need to just rip it and get it over with or slowly stretch it? I’m asking because I want to start using a menstrual cup but highly doubt it would fit right now.
This could be a medical condition. Seek out your doctor and ask them.
Original post by grace1292
I’ve been doing a lot of research because I have trouble inserting tampons or more than one finger it hurts a lot and feels like a very thick piece of skin is there. I’m a little confused as every I’ve looked has said the hymen is very thin. Is this something else? Or is my hymen just really thick and if it is do I need to just rip it and get it over with or slowly stretch it? I’m asking because I want to start using a menstrual cup but highly doubt it would fit right now

@grace1292

Some people get a double heynem so reason why it is think ok as vast majority of woman/girls will only have normal thin one ok.
Research double or two heynem.
Just but more pressure to break it will help you use your virginity...!!!
Then obviously afterward you can use the menstual cup if that what you wish to do.
Reply 3
:mmm:Speak to your doctor
I wouldn't say mine was particularly thin - maybe around 0.5 cm? It broke without any issues during sex. If you are worried, speak to you GP.

Quick Reply

Latest