al159
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've got an offer on UCAS conservatoires that I need to reply to by today but I've not heard back from 4 of my 5 choices on UCAS. I don't want to lose the offer but also don't want to make a final decision yet. Does anyone know if I accept that offer will it affect my other applications (withdraw them or not allow me to choose them)?
Any advice is much appreciated.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
ONLY if you have received ALL your Conservatoire decisions do you have reply by 13 April.
If you receive any decisions after this your deadline is extended until 10 June.

So - no need to worry about the April closing date, but its worth contacting the final Uni to politely ask 'when are you likely to make a decision on my application?'.
XanaXoid
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, for the unis if you haven't heard back from all of your choices your decision deadline will be postponed. Idk about conservatories but my suggestion is to call UCAS and ask about it
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by XanaXoid)
my suggestion is to call UCAS and ask about it
All the relevant info here : https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/fin.../type/key-date
al159
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
ONLY if you have received ALL your Conservatoire decisions do you have reply by 13 April.
If you receive any decisions after this your deadline is extended until 10 June.

So - no need to worry about the April closing date, but its worth contacting the final Uni to politely ask 'when are you likely to make a decision on my application?'.
Thanks for replying!
Sorry I didn't make it clear in the first post. I only applied to one conservatoire (the one I've heard back from) and then another 5 unis seperately on 'normal' UCAS, so I have technically heard from all conservatoires which is why I need to reply today.

Basically what I want to know is if I accept the offer, will it withdraw the other application on 'normal' UCAS?
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
If you have not heard from all your Unis you do NOT need to reply today.

If you want to Firm the Conservatoire now you can withdraw from any outstanding choices and make you Firm/Insurance choice - but you do not have to do that today.
al159
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
If you have not heard from all your Unis you do NOT need to reply today.

If you want to Firm the Conservatoire now you can withdraw from any outstanding choices and make you Firm/Insurance choice - but you do not have to do that today.
Thank you so much! My school was really unhelpful and basically just told me to figure it out so I was getting a bit stressed!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by al159)
Basically what I want to know is if I accept the offer, will it withdraw the other application on 'normal' UCAS?
No it wont

However if you want to later accept an offer on "normal" UCAS you'll need to contact UCAS to get them to withdraw your conservatoire acceptance. You can only have a firm on EITHER UCAS or UCAS Conservatoire. It's perfectly fine to have offers on "normal" UCAS and an acceptance on UCAS Conservatoires (or vice versa).
Last edited by PQ; 1 year ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
See point 4 here: https://www.ucas.com/conservatoires/...atoires-offers

Basically you'll have to decide between UCAS normal and UCAS conservatoires at some point in the future but it isn't now as you don't have a Firm choice on UCAS yet
al159
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
See point 4 here: https://www.ucas.com/conservatoires/...atoires-offers

Basically you'll have to decide between UCAS normal and UCAS conservatoires at some point in the future but it isn't now as you don't have a Firm choice on UCAS yet
Thanks so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
42.29%
The paper was reasonable (225)
42.86%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.14%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.71%

Watched Threads