The Student Room Group

London Southbank vs. City of London

I was pretty set on going to City for Mental Health Nursing MSc as the placements are in ELFT, which I've only heard good things about and works out well for where I want to live... but throughout the application process Southbank seem to be a lot more 'on it' in terms of response time, and I've had an applicant day via zoom already which felt really welcoming. Whereas with City my emails have been missed and I'm still waiting for feedback on my challenge essays -- they said they'd respond within 4 weeks but it's been about 6 now!

Has anybody been in a similar situation choosing between two good universities? Or could anyone give me some info on what each university is like in terms of student support?
Original post by hollyyytr
I was pretty set on going to City for Mental Health Nursing MSc as the placements are in ELFT, which I've only heard good things about and works out well for where I want to live... but throughout the application process Southbank seem to be a lot more 'on it' in terms of response time, and I've had an applicant day via zoom already which felt really welcoming. Whereas with City my emails have been missed and I'm still waiting for feedback on my challenge essays -- they said they'd respond within 4 weeks but it's been about 6 now!

Has anybody been in a similar situation choosing between two good universities? Or could anyone give me some info on what each university is like in terms of student support?

Hi! I am kind of in the same position. I applied to Surrey, Kings and City and Surrey has by far been the most responsive but I really want to go to city for the combined adult and mental health nursing MSc programme. Are you still waiting for your RPL challenge essay feedback? I submitted mine over 4 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet!
Reply 2
Original post by louisecollins207
Hi! I am kind of in the same position. I applied to Surrey, Kings and City and Surrey has by far been the most responsive but I really want to go to city for the combined adult and mental health nursing MSc programme. Are you still waiting for your RPL challenge essay feedback? I submitted mine over 4 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet!

I am so sorry for the ridiculously late response, I ended up having to defer due to long covid! I really had to chase my essay feedback. What did you end up doing? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending