Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Watch
Poll: Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?
Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (218)
43.34%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (76)
15.11%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (201)
39.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.59%
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
There's been quite a lot of talk about adjustment and how it works on the forums, so we wanted to know if you would ever consider adjustment at all if your grades are higher than you expected on Results Day?

What is adjustment? Find out more here!

Essentially, Ucas Adjustment starts on A-level results day and gives you the chance to switch onto an alternative university or course should you wish to. It's basically the opposite of Clearing!

You can apply to a course through Adjustment if:

1. You’ve been accepted onto your firm choice and it’s now an unconditional firm choice.

2. You’ve exceeded the conditions of your firm offer, including subject-specific grade requirements. So, for example, if your offer is for ABB but you end up getting AAB, you could use Adjustment to potentially find a place at another uni instead.

Would you look at a higher ranking university if you were eligible, for either your course or your subject?

Would you look at a different university you've had your eye on not because of their rankings but because they feel like a better fit for you?

Or would you stick with your current university choice?
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 3 weeks ago
Black Sensei
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
There's been quite a lot of talk about adjustment and how it works on the forums, so we wanted to know if you would ever consider adjustment at all if your grades are higher than you expected on Results Day?

Essentially, Ucas Adjustment starts on A-level results day and gives you the chance to switch onto an alternative university or course should you wish to. It's basically the opposite of Clearing!

1. You’ve been accepted onto your firm choice and it’s now an unconditional firm choice.

2. You’ve exceeded the conditions of your firm offer, including subject-specific grade requirements. So, for example, if your offer is for ABB but you end up getting AAB, you could use Adjustment to potentially find a place at another uni instead.

Would you look at a higher ranking university if you were eligible, for either your course or your subject?

Would you look at a different university you've had your eye on not because of their rankings but because they feel like a better fit for you?

I'm still in year 12 so my opinion isn't the best on this but if I had a choice I would probably choose the adjustment depending on which uni it is. If it is one that I didn't apply to becuase it was too aspirational then I would most likely take it if offered.

Quick question, if you have applied for University of Cambridge are you able to be adjusted to Oxford University?
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Black Sensei)
I'm still in year 12 so my opinion isn't the best on this but if I had a choice I would probably choose the adjustment depending on which uni it is. If it is one that I didn't apply to becuase it was too aspirational then I would most likely take it if offered.

Quick question, if you have applied for University of Cambridge are you able to be adjusted to Oxford University?
No - Cambridge do participate in adjustment, but only people who have applied to Cambridge that cycle, been interviewed, been rejected after interview, and who meet certain eligibility criteria. Oxford don't participate in adjustment
Hellllpppp
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can you use adjustment to choose a course with lower requirements, my firm choice’s requirements are A*AA so if I get A*A*A could I choose to do a course with BBB requirements at a university closer to home?
Also do universities look at your personal statement, I’ve shown some interest in the subject I would have to switch to but it’s very focused on the course I’ve actually applied for?
Is it better to use adjustment if in August I still feel like moving away for university would be too much or should I just wait until September go to my firm choice and if it’s too much then try and transfer after a couple weeks/ take a gap year?
Unknown1232003
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah definitely, I would want to go to a university closer to home.. although im planning to commute either way..
A0125
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)

I definitely would if the universities I was interested in would participate in adjustments. They’re usually not in adjustments and from what I’ve heard, I doubt this year will be any different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (39)
40.63%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
21.88%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (5)
5.21%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
9.38%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (5)
5.21%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
6.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
11.46%

Watched Threads