maisiesmythe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Can anyone please help me with ideas on what to do for my geography NEA, I want to study psychology at uni and I have absolutely no idea how I can link this into my NEA - thanks

** I’m also doing Edexcel is that’s any help
Last edited by maisiesmythe; 3 months ago
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Something to do with psychogeography, feelings of place or emotional attachment to place? How different people based on age, gender, sexuality, role, religion and other social factors influence how people interact or understand different places perhaps?
lonelybear
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ðeggs)
Something to do with psychogeography, feelings of place or emotional attachment to place? How different people based on age, gender, sexuality, role, religion and other social factors influence how people interact or understand different places perhaps?
I done my NEA a few years back and got an A. This idea is good, would definitely recommend! Possibly attaching something like how gentrification for example has affected people in a specific area. That way you can incorporate some secondary data and possibly do some statistical analysis.

here's an example: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...0373-NEA-G.PDF
AQA has a few others online too. They helped guide mine (even though I did OCR).
maisiesmythe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Ðeggs)
this is really helpful thank you
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Good luck
Krsto
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by maisiesmythe)
Can anyone please help me with ideas on what to do for my geography NEA, I want to study psychology at uni and I have absolutely no idea how I can link this into my NEA - thanks

** I’m also doing Edexcel is that’s any help
I got an A* for mine, tbh I would not focus so much on making tenuous links but what will give you the highest marks. I’ve looked at loads over the past few years and the ones that do the best tend to be physical geography NEAs as it’s far easier to collect primary data (e.g. for glaciation or a coastal erosion project). Saying that, of course you can still do well with a human geography project but make sure it’s something you’re very confident about and actually enjoy researching. Human geography is very different at a level (compared to at university)
ipsabhatt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
we did human geography its way easier as you can bring in more aspects of the spec
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads