The Student Room Group

Could I be pregnant?

Good morning/evening, two days ago my boyfriend and I were having some fun and he wasn't wearing any boxers/underwear or anything at all. But, I was wearing my underwear only on my lower half. (I don’t believe I need to get into what we were doing exactly, it was like half-dry sex?)

And I believe when we were kissing some of his precum got onto my underwear near my vagina. Could this make me pregnant? What should I do? (I’m a virgin by the way and also under 16-) And I’ve already talked to my mother about a situation like this but she doesn’t want me to get a pregnancy test.

Please help me either ease my mind or help me find what to do. x
Im a boy, but in your situation I would either talk to your mother and explain to her that it is your right to get a pregnancy test. If that does not work you could go out and buy yourself one as it is completely legal and you should not be ashamed!
It is unlikely that you are pregnant; sperm has to enter the vagina and precum does not carry much sperm (though it is still possible to get pregnant from precum hence why the "pull-out" method can still lead to pregnancy). Sperm does not live for very long outside the body ("Outside of the body, sperm may die quickly when they’re exposed to the air. The length of time they stay alive has a lot to do with environmental factors and how fast they dry up." Healthline https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-can-sperm-live-outside-the-body#TOC_TITLE_HDR_1).

Whilst it is possible to get pregnant from sperm near the vagina, the sperm needs to be in a moist area near the vaginal opening to be able to swim up (but this is quite rare case). As you were wearing underwear, it is likely the sperm dried up and died on the underwear. The only way to know for sure is by getting a pregnancy test. It may be against your mother's wishes but it is your body and you have a right to know for yourself. The earlier you know, the earlier you can do something about it (within 72 hours you may still be able to get emergency contraceptive like "Plan B Morning-After-Pill"). My advice would be to phone or visit a sexual health clinic or GP and schedule an appointment. They will be able to give you more information about your situation and possibly administer a pregnancy test at the clinic. As you are under 16, it may be difficult to buy a pregnancy test from the supermarket (not impossible though) but if your bf is 16+ or you know someone older you can trust, you could ask them to purchase it for you and take it secretly (at a friend's house or somewhere else besides home). If you are pregnant, you should definitely visit a sexual health clinic or a GP to figure out your options. Also, pay attention to your menstrual cycle, any spotting "bleeding outside of your cycle" or a missed period could suggest pregnancy (but be aware that you will have to wait a few weeks or a month to find out if you missed a period, at this point it will be too late to get emergency contraceptive and the only other option left for terminating unwanted pregnancy would be miscarriage or an abortion).
Original post by Anonymous
Good morning/evening, two days ago my boyfriend and I were having some fun and he wasn't wearing any boxers/underwear or anything at all. But, I was wearing my underwear only on my lower half. (I don’t believe I need to get into what we were doing exactly, it was like half-dry sex?)

And I believe when we were kissing some of his precum got onto my underwear near my vagina. Could this make me pregnant? What should I do? (I’m a virgin by the way and also under 16-) And I’ve already talked to my mother about a situation like this but she doesn’t want me to get a pregnancy test.

Please help me either ease my mind or help me find what to do. x

You shouldn't be doing that under 16 years old it's illegal

Quick Reply

Latest