Is it normal for a 16 year old and 19 year old to be friends?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I'm a girl in year 11 and he's a guy in the first year of uni. We're just friends, but I'm kind of curious whether this is perceived as strange. I'm quite mature for my age in many ways, although that's not to say I don't have my childish moments, or that I've got everything figured out.
Anonymous #1
bump
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
it's slightly weird i guess, but not extreme :dontknow:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by the bear)
it's slightly weird i guess, but not extreme :dontknow:
thanks for the response
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
It's a bit weird as I'm not really sure what you guys would have in common, I suppose if you're just friends though there's nothing really wrong with it
H A L L O O N
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That's illegal, anyone who does this should feel ashamed.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by H A L L O O N)
That's illegal, anyone who does this should feel ashamed.
They're just friends, I agree that if they were dating it would be wrong but I don't see why being friends is a major issue
H A L L O O N
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
They're just friends, I agree that if they were dating it would be wrong but I don't see why being friends is a major issue
That's still illegal, tut, tut.
musicalrose
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
nah I'm friends with people in their 20s, as long as it's not gonna turn out creepy I think you're good
Spelunker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
as long as he dosent pressure you to do anything and you hang out in safe spaces then its good
Cıllıan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The person was being sarcastic. Of course its fine to be friends on a general term, I have friends who are like 4-5 years older. But if it's a year 11 type of 16 year old with a Uni 19 year old then it is abit strange if they're going around together and being close
Anonymous #1
Thanks everyone. I probably should have clarified, he lives in another country so we call. I guess that pretty much eliminates the possibly of it turning into much else
Anonymous #3
Report 3 months ago
i'm a girl and i had female friends aged 18-21 when i was 16 which wasn't weird at all but ur situation is defo more questionable bc he's a guy
Anonymous #1
i'm a girl and i had female friends aged 18-21 when i was 16 which wasn't weird at all but ur situation is defo more questionable bc he's a guy
I feel like 19 year old guys are conventionally less mature than 19 year old girls
ReviseSleeping
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm 16 and my best mate is 20. I have mates who are 18, and mates who are 15. I wouldn't say it is strange.
Anonymous #4
Report 3 months ago
Not really I guess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (28)
16.18%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (55)
31.79%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (19)
10.98%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
9.25%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (8)
4.62%
I think it's an unfair expectation (44)
25.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.73%

Watched Threads