What Are your Opinions on the use of soical Media

Watch
Danielber1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am creating a Documentary for my Media/Film Course and was wondering if anyone would like to do a self shot video of themselves or typed answers. answering some questions about the impacts of useing soical media on young people.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sure man👍

I think social media is a very good way to interact with people and be aware of what is happening on the news; especially at times of COVID, children becoming more disciplined and seeing what effect the NHS, or hospitals, really have and the values of it being an option. The closure of schools has also lead to more children on social media - tiktok for example, which is a great way to spend free time that they may have, even greater if they unfortunately don’t have enough friends to meet up with etc. All of which will be beneficial for their mental health. However, as anything in this life, nothing can ever be perfect... you have the bad impacts / misinformation being spread all around media making kids susceptible to believe it. So I think while all is good, there’s definitely negatives to social media. Children often have role models that they look up to, or that they might follow on social media, that might not be best influencers.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 2 months ago
Danielber1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Sure man👍

I think social media is a very good way to interact with people and be aware of what is happening on the news; especially at times of COVID, children becoming more disciplined and seeing what effect the NHS, or hospitals, really have and the values of it being an option. The closure of schools has also lead to more children on social media - tiktok for example, which is a great way to spend free time that they may have, even greater if they unfortunately don’t have enough friends to meet up with etc. All of which will be beneficial for their mental health. However, as anything in this life, nothing can ever be perfect... you have the bad impacts / misinformation being spread all around media making kids susceptible to believe it. So I think while all is good, there’s definitely negatives to social media. Children often have role models that they look up to, or that they might follow on social media, that might not be best influencers.
Thanks for the repy this realy helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (199)
43.74%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (51)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.69%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (96)
21.1%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.33%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.93%

Watched Threads