The Student Room Group

uk vs us universities?

hey! just wondering people thoughts on whether us or uk colleges are more fun in terms of student life. defo been a dream of mine to attend UCLA but really considering just staying back and studying in the uk!
Reply 1
I think it depends on where you're looking at. I'm from the US and did my undergrad there. Then moved to the UK and did post-grad here. The US is very campus based, so lots of activities going on and a a huge portion of students living on campus. I do think it comes down to the schools you are looking at though. My only experience of uni in the UK is London and as an adult, so I was off-campus and not as involved in student life. But I know loads of people in the US who continued onto post-grad there and still maintained a rather active student life either living on-campus in graduate housing or just off campus in apartment complexes mainly housing students. If you're interested in experiencing Frat / Sorority life, then the US is the way to go. Just remember that technically the legal drinking age is 21.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
hey! just wondering people thoughts on whether us or uk colleges are more fun in terms of student life. defo been a dream of mine to attend UCLA but really considering just staying back and studying in the uk!

If it's a dream of yours, however scary, go for it! My philosophy is "If I hate it, then I can leave." I know there is so much more to a decision than how much you like it but you may never forgive yourself if you don't try.
It depends where you go. Many universities have a large campus life presence and lots of activities. Research colleges and their campus life and then make up your mind about whether to stay in the UK.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending