The Student Room Group

Is it bad I don’t want my siblings at my graduation next year?

I feel like it’s my day and I should be happy, but my mum will not have it when I tell her. Any advice on what I should do?
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like it’s my day and I should be happy, but my mum will not have it when I tell her. Any advice on what I should do?

Why can’t you be happy with your siblings?
Do you not get on? It’s your day and it should be your choice.
Reply 3
Original post by YaliaV123
Do you not get on? It’s your day and it should be your choice.

We really don’t. No relationship at all. I just hate how they speak to my mum...
Reply 4
Original post by 5hyl33n
Why can’t you be happy with your siblings?

Don’t particularly get on with them and I feel like it’s rooted in their jealousy (this is my opinion based on things said in the past).
Original post by Anonymous
We really don’t. No relationship at all. I just hate how they speak to my mum...

I think it should be your decision because you’re an adult now. How old are they?
Reply 6
Original post by YaliaV123
I think it should be your decision because you’re an adult now. How old are they?

Haha when I say they age you’ll probs laugh.

They are 14 and 18.

It’s been really toxic living with them through COVID and I came to a realisation that sadly I don’t think I can truly love them. That combined with the fact that I love my mum so dearly, and HATE how they treat her; I just can’t let them bring the toxicity next year. I just cannot do it.

My dad hates his siblings too so it probably runs in the family.
Reply 7
Just lie about the number of people you can take. Say 2 guests only. Sadly it will probably be virtual though.
Reply 8
Original post by Scotney
Just lie about the number of people you can take. Say 2 guests only. Sadly it will probably be virtual though.

Next year it will most likely be in person I feel, due to vaccines.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending