The Student Room Group

Smart Watch Recommendations

So, recently I have started cycling (its been about 2 weeks) and weightlifting (1.5 months ago) and want to get more serious about it. I want a smartwatch that can track calories burnt in a day fairly accurately.
Any recommendations?
Original post by DogeTheDoggo
So, recently I have started cycling (its been about 2 weeks) and weightlifting (1.5 months ago) and want to get more serious about it. I want a smartwatch that can track calories burnt in a day fairly accurately.
Any recommendations?

Budget? What phone do you have?
No watch can track calories burnt from exercise remotely accurately.
I have a Samsung and the budget would probably be less than 300 pounds
Original post by illusionz

Well then could you suggest a way to track calories burnt accurately ?
I have a Samsung and the budget would probably be less than 300 pounds

If you are interested purely in fitness features, the FitBit Charge 4 covers everything, is well regarded for accuracy (although as above, calorie tracking is never going to be super accurate, it's dependent on far too many factors), and comes in at less than half your budget. If you're looking for a more robust watch experience with proper applications, deeper integration with your phone and other smart devices or simply a more conventional watch form factor, the Galaxy Watch Active 2 is the best option, with models ranging from £220 to £400 depending on your choice of size, finish and networking.
Well then could you suggest a way to track calories burnt accurately ?

There is no way to track calories burnt accurately.

All you can track is calories in and weight change.
After further research into smartwatches, I realise that they are not very accurate.
I don't really need any integration between my phone and my watch nor do I listen to music while exercising. My main reason for wanting one was for calorie tracking. Since that feature itself is so flawed, I don't think I'll be getting one.

Thanks for the Advice though

Original post by illusionz

I realise what you meant and yeah, its likely I won't get one now. Thanks for the Tip!

Quick Reply

Latest