The Student Room Group

Combined Pill (Microgynon 30) Advice!?

Hello,

I've been on the Microgynon 30 pill for around 8 months now. I took it as normal, 3 weeks then 1 week break. However, for the past 3 months I have just took it continually without a break due to working more hours etc so didn't want to have my period or the stressful symptoms (I know it's not a proper period you have on the pill but a break through bleed). I have now took my week break but its only spotting I'm getting rather than a normal "period".

I'm due to go back onto the pill tomorrow but wondered if I should take a months break or just go back to my normal routine of taking it 3 weeks then a break?

Any one with any advice would be appreciated before I call the doctors as I don't want to waste their time.
I would seek medical advice, however continue it as you normally should. I think if you then stop taking it completely it will likely mess with the hormone levels in your body and send your cycle out of whack. However I am not medically trained so my number 1 piece of advice would be to consult your GP or nurse. They will not think of it as wasting time and will be able to put your mind at ease :smile:
I'd continue as you would normally take it as otherwise it will mess up your cycle even more so, I have been on the exact same pill as you before and continued taking it without a break for three months and experienced the same as you - it took a few months to get back to normal but that was only my personal experience and if you are concerned seek your doctors advice.

Quick Reply

Latest