The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

UOR MSci applied clinical psychology 2021?

Hi! I’m an offer holder for the the Msci applied psychology course at university of Reading (my firm choice!) but I am yet to find someone who’s on the same course as me!!! So if you are, please reply to this thread :&
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I’m an offer holder for the the Msci applied psychology course at university of Reading (my firm choice!) but I am yet to find someone who’s on the same course as me!!! So if you are, please reply to this thread :&

Hey Anonymous,

It's great to hear that you've firmed the University of Reading!
Stephanie is a current student at Reading Uni who is also studying MSci Applied Psychology so it might be interesting to hear what it is like studying and how she is enjoying it.

Hope this helps and feel free to let us know if you have any questions!
From,

Amina 😊
3rd year pharmacy student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Hi! I’m an offer holder for the the Msci applied psychology course at university of Reading (my firm choice!) but I am yet to find someone who’s on the same course as me!!! So if you are, please reply to this thread :&Hi,

Hi,
I've got an offer too from Reading. I applied to the same course at Exeter and got rejected, so I'm debating between this course (and all of its perks ofc) and Neuroscience and Psych one at KCL which is v v different (plus I'm terrible at decisions). Are you like me and looking toward being a clinical psychologist? And what other courses did you look at/get offers from before firming Reading? Really happy to see someone else at this course.
Reply 3
Hi,
I've got an offer too from Reading. I applied to the same course at Exeter and got rejected, so I'm debating between this course (and all of its perks ofc) and Neuroscience and Psych one at KCL which is v v different (plus I'm terrible at decisions). Are you like me and looking toward being a clinical psychologist? And what other courses did you look at/get offers from before firming Reading? Really happy to see someone else at this course.

Hi I applied to the same course at exeter as well lmao! I just withdrew my application because I preferred Reading more. I do want to go into clinical psychology but the goal is to go into the research side of it rather than yk working with clients and an Msci is basically a great stepping stone to go onto research! I’ve got offers from Royal Holloway for a similar course but I prefer the nightlife and social aspect of reading more! And I also applied for psychology at kings which I withdrew when I chose to firm reading! I’ve gotten an offer from Surrey as well but I prefer the course and uni at reading as well as the night life!
Hi,

Hey Anonymous,

Congratulations on getting an offer from Reading Uni! Unfortunately, I don't personally study applied psychology so if you did want more in-depth information about the course feel free to message Stephanie and Alice to see how they feel about the course themselves. It might be interesting to get their perspective on what they want to do when they graduate. As a psychology student, there are varied placements students attend and there are purpose build facilities to aid your studies.

As a student myself at Reading Uni, I've been finding the careers service really helpful. They offer lots of different services including 1 to 1 careers, thrive mentoring, the RED award etc. I've found them to be really useful for making my CV stand out etc. Additionally, Reading Uni has a friendly feel campus which is a short 25 min walk away from the town centre. I've really enjoyed the town centre too as it's perfect for students, as it has a variety of shops etc and the train station has great connections across the UK.

I hope this helps and feel free to let us know if you have any question!
From,

Amina 😊
3rd year pharmacy student
Hi I applied to the same course at exeter as well lmao! I just withdrew my application because I preferred Reading more. I do want to go into clinical psychology but the goal is to go into the research side of it rather than yk working with clients and an Msci is basically a great stepping stone to go onto research! I’ve got offers from Royal Holloway for a similar course but I prefer the nightlife and social aspect of reading more! And I also applied for psychology at kings which I withdrew when I chose to firm reading! I’ve gotten an offer from Surrey as well but I prefer the course and uni at reading as well as the night life!

Ooh, that's a really interesting perspective there, can't believe we applied to such similar places! So why did you choose Reading over Exeter bc I can't really tell the difference between the courses and withdraw from KCL too?
Reply 6
Ooh, that's a really interesting perspective there, can't believe we applied to such similar places! So why did you choose Reading over Exeter bc I can't really tell the difference between the courses and withdraw from KCL too?

Mainly because of the location 💀 I prefer reading because it’s closer to London and so it’s got more going for it in terms of nightlife and the social scene! And I withdrew from KCL because I knew I wouldn’t be able to afford to live in central london with my student finance allowance and no support available from my family! Also because Reading seems more chilled out and I don’t want to feel so much academic pressure as I would at Kings!
Were your offers for the Msci same as/below/over listed entry requirements?

Original post by kasmith123456
Were your offers for the Msci same as/below/over listed entry requirements?

Hey @kasmith123456,

As this thread is over a year old, you may find it more beneficial to talk to one of our current student ambassadors that studies MSci Clinical Psychology at Reading to ask them about their experience directly.

You could chat with Alice who would be really happy to answer any of your course-related questions, as it may be hard to get a reply from those that replied to this thread above.

I hope this is helpful - but if you have any other questions relating to the university or life in Reading, we'd be happy to try and help too!

Good luck if you are currently in the application process!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student & Student Ambassador
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest