futuregem2021
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi all,

Looking for advice in regards to accommodation, going with housing as opposed to halls.

I'm tempted to live close to the Singleton campus in Brynmill - what's the level of noise like in the evenings in that area? I've got nothing against students having fun (lord knows, i've had my fair share first time round at university), though I'll be on an intensive course where sleep will be important. I'm also worried about my car getting scratched if I leave it roadside by students on a rogue night out.

Grateful for any advice.
Last edited by futuregem2021; 4 weeks ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by futuregem2021)
Hi all,

Looking for advice in regards to accommodation, going with housing as opposed to halls.

I'm tempted to live close to the Singleton campus in Brynmill - what's the level of noise like in the evenings in that area? I've got nothing against students having fun (lord knows, i've had my fair share first time round at university), though I'll be on an intensive course where sleep will be important. I'm also worried about my car getting scratched if I leave it roadside by students on a rogue night out.

Grateful for any advice.
There has been press reports of complaints about noise in the area made by other residents. I would imagine there will be noise problems in any area where the are HMOs. You might find it quieter in parts of Uplands and Sketty although in a student house that cannot be guaranteed. Some post grads live in houses in Uplands.
Last edited by swanseajack1; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (5)
10.87%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (33)
71.74%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (6)
13.04%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
2.17%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
2.17%

Watched Threads