The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University Computer Science Foundation Year (2021 applicants)

If anyone is doing or going to do a foundation year at Durham University for computer science, please leave a message. I am trying to get as much information as I can for this course.
Is there anything specific you would like to know that we can help you with?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello, how much would I need to spend on books and other similar resources for computer science.
Original post by alisterd.03
Hello, how much would I need to spend on books and other similar resources for computer science.

Prepare for costs up to about £250 for most courses. Although remember that there is no need to go out and buy every book on your reading list and there will be copies of all course books in the library. If you really want to have your own copy of the books, look out for cheaper second hand versions on Amazon/eBay or from previous students selling their books. This is really general guidance as it will vary from course to course, but should give you a ball park figure to work from.
Reply 4
Original post by Durham University
Prepare for costs up to about £250 for most courses. Although remember that there is no need to go out and buy every book on your reading list and there will be copies of all course books in the library. If you really want to have your own copy of the books, look out for cheaper second hand versions on Amazon/eBay or from previous students selling their books. This is really general guidance as it will vary from course to course, but should give you a ball park figure to work from.

I have another question, if you are one grade below your conditional offer, would you still be given the course?
Original post by alisterd.03
I have another question, if you are one grade below your conditional offer, would you still be given the course?

This will depend on the course - for a specific question like this you would be best to contact admissions or the department directly as they will be able to better advise on individual circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest