Advanced Higher Modern Studies / Political Issues

Watch this thread
cchloepx
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is anyone else doing or has done Advanced higher modern studies section 1 - political issues?

I had a lot of issues at the beginning of the year and wasn't able to join the mods class until September even though they started in May. I didn't join the class irl until October and that was only once a week so I missed everything on political ideologies.

I have SOME notes that I copied from powerpoints and some basic knowledge of ideologies from higher politics, but I am so stuck on the essays for political ideologies and I have no clue what to do ): The only one I did I got 14/30.. lol

I know I have the choice not to do political ideologies in the final exam and I'm definitely going to be studying political structures so I can do a structures essay, but I have an assessment on the 27th to do a political ideologies essay and I'm stuck. I emailed my teacher for help and she said she'd look over my essay (the one i got 14/30 on, was marked by another teacher who left) and get back to me but that was last week and she still hasn't replied.

I'm already stressed enough as it is with adv higher english and my two other subjects and I can't fail modern..

tl;dr: I was disadvantaged in mods because of various different things and now I'm struggling with the political ideologies section.

If anyone has any essays or notes they could show me to help with, please link or PM me them if possible ):
Ototot
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’m also doing advanced higher modern studies but not the same course unfortunately as I’m doing crime. If you go onto the understanding standards website you might be able to find a good example of someone else’s essay. Even if it isn’t one that is relevant to your course you can try and find where the marks are allocated. Also ask your classmates if you can borrow their notes or essay just to base your own essay of. I’m sure if you ask your teacher to have the power points they went over at the start of the year they will happily give them to you. I understand the struggle lol there’s so much content and you have to do most of it yourself. It does seem quite unfair you are being assessed on something you haven’t been in class for maybe ask if you could have an extension or do a different topic instead. As it’s hardly going to reflect your abilities in essay writing as you weren’t even there for it
Last edited by Ototot; 1 year ago
cchloepx
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Ototot)
Hi, I’m also doing advanced higher modern studies but not the same course unfortunately as I’m doing crime. If you go onto the understanding standards website you might be able to find a good example of someone else’s essay. Even if it isn’t one that is relevant to your course you can try and find where the marks are allocated. Also ask your classmates if you can borrow their notes or essay just to base your own essay of. I’m sure if you ask your teacher to have the power points they went over at the start of the year they will happily give them to you. I understand the struggle lol there’s so much content and you have to do most of it yourself. It does seem quite unfair you are being assessed on something you haven’t been in class for maybe ask if you could have an extension or do a different topic instead. As it’s hardly going to reflect your abilities in essay writing as you weren’t even there for it
I would ask my classmates but I’m doing advanced mods at a different school and I don’t have anyone in the class on social media, nor do I talk to them (I sit like way up the back of the class because of social distancing in classrooms).

I emailed one of the teachers two weeks ago and asked her to give me feedback on the essay I got 14/30 on and for some help and she said she’d get back to me but never did lol.

I’ve now emailed a modern studies teacher at my own school who does my dissertation stuff and am asking if she can go over the LPI stuff with me in person when we return to school next week so I’m hoping that will help. Assessment isn’t until the 27th so I have a little time ):
Ototot
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cchloepx)
I would ask my classmates but I’m doing advanced mods at a different school and I don’t have anyone in the class on social media, nor do I talk to them (I sit like way up the back of the class because of social distancing in classrooms).

I emailed one of the teachers two weeks ago and asked her to give me feedback on the essay I got 14/30 on and for some help and she said she’d get back to me but never did lol.

I’ve now emailed a modern studies teacher at my own school who does my dissertation stuff and am asking if she can go over the LPI stuff with me in person when we return to school next week so I’m hoping that will help. Assessment isn’t until the 27th so I have a little time ):
that’s such a shame I can’t imagine going to another school. Teachers can be so inconsistent and then ask us to hand stuff in on time lol. Hopefully she will give it back to you once we go back to school. I wish I could help more it seems like a really rubbish situation. Political ideologies is literally the worst part of higher politics and I can’t imagine doing a 30 mark essay on it lol. Good luck for your assessment I’m sure you’ll do amazing!
Last edited by Ototot; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
15.93%
The paper was reasonable (188)
49.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (96)
25.07%
It was TERRIBLE (38)
9.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed