LolaActon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
HiI've got an offer from both unis for English (AAA for Bristol and AAB for Leeds). I have other offers but have pretty much narrowed it down to these. Just wondering which I should choose! I LOVE Bristol, but my Grandparents and cousins live there, so I already know it fairly well. I like Leeds but prefer Bristol as a city. I do much prefer the Uni of Leeds as I love the campus feel and the accommodation.Loads of people say they can see me at both, especially Bris as I already know it. Basically, prefer Bristol city, Leeds uni.I love both courses and maybe slightly prefer Leeds'. If anyone can offer any advice, would love it. (Basically just got more of a community feel from Leeds, wondering if this is the case?)
AhsanHussain
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good work on getting those 2 offers, both are great unis.
It depends on what you want really, but since there are so many positives in either side, and you don't know which one to go to, I would say check the funding on both.
Check your grants and loans you can get, and also check the bursaries offered by each uni, but as far as I recall, Bristol has better funding, so I would go for that.

That's what I would do, but it's obviously up to you. Let me know how it goes.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Leeds is a fab place to work and study. As you say the campus is fab with excellent SU. The city centre and student life along Otley Road and Headingley is great too. Plus you have the Yorkshire Dales on your doorstep. I may be a bit biased, I know Bristol is a good city too, but I would recommend Leeds
LolaActon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zarek)
Leeds is a fab place to work and study. As you say the campus is fab with excellent SU. The city centre and student life along Otley Road and Headingley is great too. Plus you have the Yorkshire Dales on your doorstep. I may be a bit biased, I know Bristol is a good city too, but I would recommend Leeds
thanks!
LolaActon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
h

(Original post by AhsanHussain)
Good work on getting those 2 offers, both are great unis.
It depends on what you want really, but since there are so many positives in either side, and you don't know which one to go to, I would say check the funding on both.
Check your grants and loans you can get, and also check the bursaries offered by each uni, but as far as I recall, Bristol has better funding, so I would go for that.

That's what I would do, but it's obviously up to you. Let me know how it goes.
thank you!
oxbelize
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
go for leeds! get out of your comfort zone.
LolaActon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by oxbelize)
go for leeds! get out of your comfort zone.
ooh thanks!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (220)
74.83%
No (74)
25.17%

Watched Threads