The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daph04
hiii, I wanted to ask, if my results have fulfilled all the requirements, and my status has been changed to an unconditional firm, do I still need to do anything to accept the offer? like my offer letter from Imperial says, "If you would like to accept your offer, you must do this by logging into UCAS Track. The deadline for replying to your offer will be set by UCAS and you can check UCAS Track to find out what it is your deadline will be available after your last decision is received from all the universities you have applied to."

But when I login to my ucas it just says 'place confirmed' and there aren't any places for me to accept it. Do I actually need to do anything at this point to accept my place or anything? Thanks!!

Imperial were talking about accepting the offer as firm/insurance, if your place is confirmed and imperial hasn’t sent u any more emails about providing evidence then u are good
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
How long should your laptop battery life be (for biomed eng)? Just wondering as my laptop only lasts about 4-6 hours I think (surface laptop studio) and wanted to check it would last long enough for lectures/work without access to a plug point.
Is anyone feeling nervous on the run-up to results?
Original post by EpicChefUK
Is anyone feeling nervous on the run-up to results?

yeh I might not even get an A* in maths bruv.One paper had to to screw it all up.
Scottish applicant here! Has anyone who got their Advanced Higher results today had a UCAS update? I've been checking all day :tongue:
not looking good lads, STEP trauma still hitting hard. hopefully they are still lenient to the comp sci applicants getting 3s instead of 2
Hi ! I applied for the 2022 entry and rn I have a conditional offer for MEng mechanical engineering at imperial. I passed my english language test requirements and I got A*A*A*A for my A levels when my requirements were A*A*AA. However, I submitted my ATAS 2 days later than the deadline as I only received the certificate then. The admission team did email me saying that my application was sent to the department for reconsideration with a decision expected in mid august. Is Imperial really strict with the ATAS submission deadline and will I still be accepted ? I really want to go to Imperial T-T
Original post by imperialplease
Hi ! I applied for the 2022 entry and rn I have a conditional offer for MEng mechanical engineering at imperial. I passed my english language test requirements and I got A*A*A*A for my A levels when my requirements were A*A*AA. However, I submitted my ATAS 2 days later than the deadline as I only received the certificate then. The admission team did email me saying that my application was sent to the department for reconsideration with a decision expected in mid august. Is Imperial really strict with the ATAS submission deadline and will I still be accepted ? I really want to go to Imperial T-T

i wont worry as its not your fault tbh
I got a 3A* requirement, which makes me super nervous, still need to wait for 5 days...
Hope everyone could achieve their offer condition.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
i wont worry as its not your fault tbh

really?? omg thats good to hear 😭… i hope they’ll accept me !!
I got in!!!!! :woo:
(edited 1 year ago)
requirement was A*A*A and ended up with AAB just a bit gutted now.
4A*s but STEP low grade 3 is potentially keeping me back :frown:
requirement was A*A*A and ended up with AAB just a bit gutted now.

I'm sorry to hear this :frown: How are you doing? Did you meet your insurance offer?
Original post by JustAnother_CS
4A*s but STEP low grade 3 is potentially keeping me back :frown:

:cry: Were you rejected this morning?
Original post by becausethenight
:cry: Were you rejected this morning?

still in the race actually. The step result didnt automatically send to them so i had to send it myself, so they are currently "reviewing" it. There is decent chance i make it but equal chance i dont :/
Original post by JustAnother_CS
still in the race actually. The step result didnt automatically send to them so i had to send it myself, so they are currently "reviewing" it. There is decent chance i make it but equal chance i dont :/

Oof, :goodluck: Let us know how it goes!!
I'm sorry to hear this :frown: How are you doing? Did you meet your insurance offer?

Yeh Queen Mary was my insurance so i got that thankfully. But Imperial would have been a dream :frown:
Yeh Queen Mary was my insurance so i got that thankfully. But Imperial would have been a dream :frown:

I'm sure you'll have an amazing time at QMUL though, it's a fantastic uni :yes: What do you like about it - why did you insure it?
I'm sure you'll have an amazing time at QMUL though, it's a fantastic uni :yes: What do you like about it - why did you insure it?

well first thing is that the requirements were lower🤣. But the course structure is a lot like Imperials and they also have a year abroad opportunity during yr 3 or 4.

Latest

Trending

Trending