nana1282
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
How would everyone go about answering this. I'm really struggling :/
I know I'm supposed to talk about SMPs and ICZM but I don't know how to incorporate it
Last edited by nana1282; 2 months ago
libostance
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Define "climate change".
Rootkit77
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by nana1282)
How would everyone go about answering this. I'm really struggling :/
I know I'm supposed to talk about SMPs and ICZM but I don't know how to incorporate it
you should go with the effects of rising water levels on the coastline and water salinity
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Present sea level rise is occurring due to two main factors, the flux of water stores as ice in ice sheets and glaciers (the cryosphere) into the oceans as liquid water, and global warming causing the thermal expansion of water as water particles occupy a greater volume at a higher temperature (steric change).

Sea level will inundate low-lying arenas that causes huge social, political and economic consequences. Generally speaking, damage or loss to property homes, insurance payouts, need for temporary accommodation, migration, cost of costal defences and so on. Rising sea levels causes coastal inundation so many features at present sea level will be submerged by the rising sea levels, which can form features such as rias, fjords, or erode beaches, spits or other depositional landforms.
libostance
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The ice is thickening at the Antartica isn't it ?
nana1282
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Rootkit77)
you should go with the effects of rising water levels on the coastline and water salinity
(Original post by Ðeggs)
Present sea level rise is occurring due to two main factors, the flux of water stores as ice in ice sheets and glaciers (the cryosphere) into the oceans as liquid water, and global warming causing the thermal expansion of water as water particles occupy a greater volume at a higher temperature (steric change).

Sea level will inundate low-lying arenas that causes huge social, political and economic consequences. Generally speaking, damage or loss to property homes, insurance payouts, need for temporary accommodation, migration, cost of costal defences and so on. Rising sea levels causes coastal inundation so many features at present sea level will be submerged by the rising sea levels, which can form features such as rias, fjords, or erode beaches, spits or other depositional landforms.
Thank you for these responses, I think I know what direction to go with my answer now
libostance
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don't forget that there are more Polar Bears on record now than ever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
38.34%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.84%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.22%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.77%

Watched Threads