The Student Room Group

someone please help my indecisive ass choose a uni

Hi! I literally cannot decide anything and bc of all the lockdowns I've never been able to visit any so that's made it harder. I want to do English/French or comparative literature

I have offers from

Durham - AAA but I got rejected from the course I wanted and got modern languages in stead. I love durham but not that course so I'm torn plus the accommodation I got is very expensive for a twin room.

UCL - AAA I have an offer for comp lit and I love the UCL. My boyfriend already goes there so thats a plus, but idk about living in London tho and its cost

Kings - AAB for comp lit and it seems like a nice uni

Exeter - AAB for English and French, I don't like this course as much as comp lit but I love the campus plus if I firm they'll lower my offer

Bristol - AAB for comp lit and I like the vibe but it's their first year running this course so idk what it'll be like
How to Choose Firm and Insurance - read it all : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/firm-and-insurance-choices
Look at Campus Tours on YouTube to give you an idea about what each Uni looks like and 'feels' like - its also worth looking on YouTube for tourist films of each city.
Reply 2
From what i know, Durham is fairly posh and doesnt seem that sociable, so ur other options look better. I know some people at exeter and they say social life is rlly good there apparently (i applied there as it seemed like it had a rlly nice vibe but didnt choose in the end as i prefered the course elsewhere). Dont know much about the london unis but bristol definitely seems nice. Sorry i dont rlly have a lot of info abt the unis but i would pick either exeter or bristol! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending