The Student Room Group

Not All Men....

Scroll to see replies

Society does have a problem with sexual violence directed at women. It's quite hard to argue that this isn't the case.

We need to identify the causes. Blaming it on an abstract 'patriarchy' or all men doesn't achieve any results because quite literally all men are not responsible. I actually fear for the mental health of men who do not treat women in a degrading manner but portrayed as being evil.

I want individual sex offenders to be held accountable for their actions. The idea that their actions where simply the result of how society is structured or that other men hold some kind of collective responsibility for their actions doesn't sit well with me.

I find interesting that you seem to be acting under the assumption that you speak for all women who have experienced sexual violence.
Original post by glassalice
Society does have a problem with sexual violence directed at women. It's quite hard to argue that this isn't the case.

We need to identify the causes. Blaming it on an abstract 'patriarchy' or all men doesn't achieve any results because quite literally all men are not responsible. I actually fear for the mental health of men who do not treat women in a degrading manner but portrayed as being evil.

I want individual sex offenders to be held accountable for their actions. The idea that their actions where simply the result of how society is structured or that other men hold some kind of collective responsibility for their actions doesn't sit well with me.

I find interesting that you seem to be acting under the assumption that you speak for all women who have experienced sexual violence.

This is what needs to happen, thank you
PRSOM
The OP should’ve just said this lmfao
Original post by bubbles0092
I know they are aware - they just don't really care, and it's a big issue. But people taking action about this helps a ton. Like the Derek Chauvin trial that is currently happening, it wouldn't have happened if people didn't demand justice. If people keep demanding, law enforcements won't have any other choice but to serve justice to these people, whether they male, female, non-binary etc.

The Derek Chauvin trial doesn't matter. Any jury with common sense will find him not guilty.
There's no proof that wouldn't have happened if people didn't take action, because that scenario hasn't occurred.
Law enforcement does serve justice. In those rape cases which are dismissed, it's because there's no evidence.
Original post by glassalice

PRSOM
Original post by Lwexi12
Now, this isn't supposed to be an attack on all men but I'm just tired of it. Time for awareness

Not all men but you'd still look under her skirt if you had the chance. Not all men but she's so afraid that when she walks to her car she puts keys in her hands and Not all men but you don't understand the pain that she's gain bc of the way you touched her without her consent.
and "Not all men" but now its 99%
99% percent of women

What do WE have to do to gain your respect?! The neglect from the world so disrespectful and yet you still have the audacity to say "it's not all men". BUT they've been r*aped and assaulted, shaped in places in situations in which they have to FIGHT for the right to not be sexually abused and it's true.

These words that I write and say to you, in honor of those who have to keep quiet because what they are isn't "good enough" for you. There are nudes. they're being groomed. There are pictures of guy's being sent without the consent of many girls little and old.

It makes me sick that it's not all men but 99% of women and it just now clicked to me that in a race that's put in your face, you don't wanna take place but you'd still be in 1st and you'd still "win". Because it's "Not all men" it's 99% of women. unbelievable. Educate your sons.

thoughts? and again not attacking men just stating facts and spreading awareness.

It is horrible what some women have experienced but it is not all men. Yes, we should do more to get rid of assault and make women feel safer but demonising the other half of population is not a sensible place to start.

I read many of the posts in the Everyone’s Invited website and many are depressing, disgusting and horrible. However, I was quite shocked to read that young females as young as 12 are sending people nude pictures of themselves. Some as young as 13 are going to parties where there is alcohol and drugs.

Yes, we need to do more about men and consent, but we also need to do more for the young women who are living such dysfunctional lives where some find themselves in vulnerable positions. I have read horrible stories of young women as young as 13/14 being so drunk or high that they are unable to take care of themselves.

I am in no way blaming any victims, but I fear that we are not addressing deep-rooted issues where young people are ruining their lives before they are even old enough to drive, vote or even buy a flat.
You think all men would look under a skirt if given the opportunity? That’s a sad indictment of the men and boys in your life, assuming you haven’t copied the OP from elsewhere.
Original post by Lwexi12
what i dont understand is....
why 1) someone compared this to augment saying an race doesn't matter and
2) Why are there blm protests? why are there Asian hate protests? Bc there needs to be a change. IDC if u say " well telling me this changes nothing" idc if u believe it doesn't change something to you or me or anyone in the whole world. IM JUST STATING. *UN POPULAR OPINION* i fully support blm and asian hate protests, so if this post was about that would there be a bunch of guys trying their hardest to 1. say it doesn't change anything and 2. debunk every last detail i stated in the post.? i think not.

I think most people say that this doesn't do much because no actual changes have been made becuase of this. I agree that the amount of women sexually assualted/harassed is way to high but and awareness is needed but what does it actually do?

This isn't that first time that people have been protesting for this but no actuall changes have been made. The majority of people doing this to women aren't 99% of men as you say but instead small groups of people that law enforcement needs to crack down on. Saying that men need to change doesn't do anything, why? Because the people that will actually do ahead to harass or assault people won't care or feel the slightest bit of remorse.

The most we can do is try crack down on these kinds of people rather than generalising and spreading the blame to all men
Yes, it is not all men. Also, you make a pretty bold assumption about what I would do if I had the chance to look up a girl's skirt.
(edited 3 years ago)
I would like to also point out that it's probs below 10% of the male population
Reply 49
Original post by Tolgash
Yes, it is not all men. Also, you make a pretty bold assumption about what I would do if I had a chance to look up a girl's skirt.

Original post by the_pharaoh
I would like to also point out that it's probs below 10% of the male population

Original post by Black Sensei
I think most people say that this doesn't do much because no actual changes have been made becuase of this. I agree that the amount of women sexually assualted/harassed is way to high but and awareness is needed but what does it actually do?

This isn't that first time that people have been protesting for this but no actuall changes have been made. The majority of people doing this to women aren't 99% of men as you say but instead small groups of people that law enforcement needs to crack down on. Saying that men need to change doesn't do anything, why? Because the people that will actually do ahead to harass or assault people won't care or feel the slightest bit of remorse.

The most we can do is try crack down on these kinds of people rather than generalising and spreading the blame to all men

yall make good arguments but read my edit please. and I don't literally mean "all men"
Original post by YaliaV123
You think all men would look under a skirt if given the opportunity? That’s a sad indictment of the men and boys in your life, assuming you haven’t copied the OP from elsewhere.

PRSOM.
Original post by Lwexi12
yall make good arguments but read my edit please. and I don't literally mean "all men"

Yes we get it but it's not even half of the men or even a quarter it's a tiny population of men

And as I mentioned earlier this is nothing to do with gender because as a man myself if I was walking at night alone and a sus looking dude was walking behind me I'd be scared
Reply 52
Original post by the_pharaoh
Yes we get it but it's not even half of the men or even a quarter it's a tiny population of men

And as I mentioned earlier this is nothing to do with gender because as a man myself if I was walking at night alone and a sus looking dude was walking behind me I'd be scared

ok ur aruments are solid. but im not talking about you. IM not saying men don't get assaulted and r*aped. Im focusing on WOMEN right now.
Original post by Lwexi12

Thank you and I just read your edit, I still stick by my point and the men that are actually committing these crimes aren't likely to be affected by 'awereness' and there needs to be a different way of tackling this becuase as much as you may not believe its all men, a number of women do which instead directs the hate towards men when it should be directed towards the specific groups of men that do this
Reply 54
Original post by fooP giB taerG
Yes, as some girls can be perverted the same as guys. The op is just a stupid child.

OoOoOoOoOoh care follow up? Sorry that im focusing on WOMEN and not men in this post. THis happens to men and its wrong very wrong. but that's not what I'm talking about. Just because you don't agree with me doesn't make me stupid thank you.
I understand that you're entitled to your opinion, but don't ridiculously claim this is 'fact'. Claiming it's 'fact' is completely ridiculous.
Original post by Lwexi12
ok ur aruments are solid. but im not talking about you. IM not saying men don't get assaulted and r*aped. Im focusing on WOMEN right now.

Im not talking about me either 😂 or Men

Im trying to show you that this has nothing to do with genders it's just bad people exist as they always have and unfortunately we can't do anything about it cuz we have no power

Like rape or violence against women now hasn't changed from what happened before
(edited 3 years ago)
Wait, isn’t “Not All men” a valid thing to say?

Because not all guys have bad intentions, so I’m quite confused... you then begin to say you aren’t attacking men but you literally just did?
Original post by fooP giB taerG
Yes, as some girls can be perverted the same as guys. The op is just a stupid child.

Ok no need for insults just try to prove her wrong respectfully
Original post by Lwexi12

I know you don't. It never was, and it never will be. All evil men probably are the issue though.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending