The Student Room Group

swore in gcse mfl writing, is that ok?

This doesn't really matter because my GCSEs were cancelled last year, but I added the word mierda in my Spanish Mock GCSE. I did the same thing (merde) in my French Oral responses (never got to say it out loud though). My teachers saw the colourful language in both cases but they never said anything. Generally, in a MFL writing paper, if you swore in the target language in order to describe something (e.g un trabajo mierdo), would you be marked down? Should you be? I'm assuming not but idk.
Snowflakes do not like swearing, so it will be frowned upon.
i'd avoid it tbh, surely there's other descriptive words you could use that are a bit less offensive?
Reply 3
Original post by absolutelysprout
i'd avoid it tbh, surely there's other descriptive words you could use that are a bit less offensive?

after some thought i have to admit you are right... even if it does show your knowledge!
Original post by kcsjeo
after some thought i have to admit you are right... even if it does show your knowledge!

:yep: obviously i can't say for definite whether it's acceptable but probably safer not to! you could always ask your teacher about this, even if they didn't say anything about in the mock.

Quick Reply

Latest