The Student Room Group

Can I accept more than one postgraduate conditional offer ?

Original post by Elenngilbrt

What's your reason for doing this?
Original post by Sandtrooper
What's your reason for doing this?

I am not sure about which uni I should choose.
Original post by Elenngilbrt

Yes, you can accept multiple offers while you decide. What you should bear in mind though, is that when an offer is accepted, the university marginally reduces the further offers it makes. So while you have made multiple acceptances, you are blocking other people from potentially getting offers. If you hold on too long, it becomes too late for the Uni to make offers, and so some people may miss out of offers where they could have taken up places that you subsequently reject.

So accept multiple offers while you need to, but don't hang on to them for longer than necessary.
Original post by threeportdrift
Yes, you can accept multiple offers while you decide. What you should bear in mind though, is that when an offer is accepted, the university marginally reduces the further offers it makes. So while you have made multiple acceptances, you are blocking other people from potentially getting offers. If you hold on too long, it becomes too late for the Uni to make offers, and so some people may miss out of offers where they could have taken up places that you subsequently reject.

So accept multiple offers while you need to, but don't hang on to them for longer than necessary.

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending