Bazookatron21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys,
I've just got an acceptance to the UOL intercollegial hall - Nutford House (single bedroom shared bathroom 6.3 square metres) and I was hoping somone (who's been there before or is currently there) could give me some information about it. I.e: Are the rooms as small as they look on the pictures? Around how many ppl share a bathroom? Catering? Which Unis are most ppl from (I go to Imperial which is close by so I'm guessing there will be ppl from my uni). I'm still to accept because I'm not sure about the room, it seems tiny plus the fact that there's no kitchen so I'll prob be stuck in my room most of the time. Interested in hearing more, there aren't too many other places nearby for such low prices (£210pw) unless someone could recommend me another place.
Thanks
the_cosmo_guy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bazookatron21)
Hey guys,
I've just got an acceptance to the UOL intercollegial hall - Nutford House (single bedroom shared bathroom 6.3 square metres) and I was hoping somone (who's been there before or is currently there) could give me some information about it. I.e: Are the rooms as small as they look on the pictures? Around how many ppl share a bathroom? Catering? Which Unis are most ppl from (I go to Imperial which is close by so I'm guessing there will be ppl from my uni). I'm still to accept because I'm not sure about the room, it seems tiny plus the fact that there's no kitchen so I'll prob be stuck in my room most of the time. Interested in hearing more, there aren't too many other places nearby for such low prices (£210pw) unless someone could recommend me another place.
Thanks
so, the place is quite nice, is catered, so dont worry about food, but it gets a bit boring after eating the same food (like once a week or so you may have the same stuff)
the rooms are quite small, not the worst, but decent
there are multiple bathrooms on a corridor, but it gets to smth like one per 7-8 people I remember
you should expect lots of people from UoL, not imperial
the place is also quite close to UCL, SOAS, even Kings, so many people from this unis, but no Imperial as its not UoL
I think that a place close to Imperial at a decent price (190 or so) is Park House at Earls Court (hope thats the proper name)
Bazookatron21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by the_cosmo_guy)
so, the place is quite nice, is catered, so dont worry about food, but it gets a bit boring after eating the same food (like once a week or so you may have the same stuff)
the rooms are quite small, not the worst, but decent
there are multiple bathrooms on a corridor, but it gets to smth like one per 7-8 people I remember
you should expect lots of people from UoL, not imperial
the place is also quite close to UCL, SOAS, even Kings, so many people from this unis, but no Imperial as its not UoL
I think that a place close to Imperial at a decent price (190 or so) is Park House at Earls Court (hope thats the proper name)
Thanks a lot for the info it rlly helped. I mentioned I was from Imperial but they didn't mind at all but I guess there's probably not too many others like me since Imperial's not a part of the UOL as you mentioned.
About the room sizes, I was wondering, did you have standard room or large? Because It's an extra £680 to upgrade but idk if it's worth it or not. The standard ones do seem a quite small, is there enough space at least to stretch? The pictures don't rlly show much.
Also, do you remember if each floor has a mix of room types (e.g large single, single, double room) or are they all one type of room for each floor (e.g only standard single or only large single) because I'm moving out together with a friend and we requested to be in neighbouring rooms but he's going for a large room and I'm currently thinking of a standard one so my choice of room depends on whether they have those 2 room types on the same floor.
Thanks again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (24)
29.63%
No (57)
70.37%

Watched Threads