Stardust2323
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi . Has anybody done a nursing degree through OU ? I’ve been offered a apprenticeship with distance learning for the 3 year Adult nursing. I’ve already given Exeter university ( 4 year undergraduate masters nursing )a firm offer , although I have 3 children and the traveling to university was a concern for me . The apprenticeship with distance learning sounded tempting as it would be more flexible ( although still challenging) with the family ; however I don’t want to sacrifice quality tuition for a little flexibility and pay , I’m just looking for the best learning experience... any advice would be greatly appreciated:-)
deciduous
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi!!
I also applied for the open university apprenticeship adult nursing. Your situation seems complex. I don’t know what works best for you, but I would take the apprenticeship since I think it’s a really good offer. But that may be difficult because both working and studying alongside children is so tough!
You might have more time if you take the degree
But I’m rooting for you!! Hope you manage to choose the best one for you!!🌟🌟🌟
Stardust2323
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello ,
I’ve decided to go for the apprenticeship. I’ve been doing the access course and a GCSE maths whilst home schooling 3 children during Covid and have managed to achieve all distinctions so far and a grade 5 in my maths . I do feel if I can get through that I can probably get through anything 🤪
The working hours in the apprenticeship will be my clinical anyway ( 2300 hrs over 3 yrs ) , and I will get paid for them . I can then use the time I would of been traveling to uni to come home and study giving me time for the children after school if they need me . I think your right , I’m very lucky to of been offered an apprenticeship and should take It . X good luck on your application x
deciduous
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Omg 😮 you are amazing!!! 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌟🌟🌟🌟
Last edited by deciduous; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (31)
11.4%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (152)
55.88%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (41)
15.07%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (42)
15.44%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
2.21%

Watched Threads