theory test before practical lessons

Watch this thread
akiakiaki
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i have just recently applied for a provisional license, and it should be with me in about 3 weeks or sooner, and i was just wondering if i could spend that time while waiting for my card to be sent out to me , practising and preparing for a theory test that i could sit as soon as i get my provisional? i know some people do practical lessons alongside learning theory but i was wondering if it is a good idea to learn learn learn right now and get the test done with and then carry on with my practical lessons or is that not advised. i feel pretty confident already with my car knowledge just because ive always been interested in cars and aware of all the signs and rules and so on so i think the theory test would be a breeze for me
Last edited by akiakiaki; 1 year ago
username5699193
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I would recommended doing the theory as soon as possible so it’s out the way. It just means one less thing you have to worry about.

Generally speaking while taking driving lessons you keep your theory knowledge fresh as you will be using it to obey road signs/laws etc. A good instructor will also occasionally ask you odd theory questions to also refresh your knowledge!

Most people I know all did their theory before their lessons or early on into their lessons. But at the end of the day it is completely up to you and whatever you feel comfortable with.

Good luck with everything! Hope this helps!
akiakiaki
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by princess_aj)
Hi! I would recommended doing the theory as soon as possible so it’s out the way. It just means one less thing you have to worry about.

Generally speaking while taking driving lessons you keep your theory knowledge fresh as you will be using it to obey road signs/laws etc. A good instructor will also occasionally ask you odd theory questions to also refresh your knowledge!

Most people I know all did their theory before their lessons or early on into their lessons. But at the end of the day it is completely up to you and whatever you feel comfortable with.

Good luck with everything! Hope this helps!
thank you so much yeah im definitely gonna go for it then, seems like the smart thing to do as you would then have to take less lessons as you would screw up less knowing all the road rules cheers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
42.08%
Not yet, but I will soon (66)
18.03%
No (146)
39.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed