The Student Room Group

im confused...Please help

i am in a very healthy and loving relationship with my boyfriend,and he truly cares about me....the problem is that his Christian life isnt as strong as mine and he doesnt seem to want to strengthen his relationship with God,i really love him but i want to date someone who has a strong prayer life(i mean,i am not religious or anything close to perfect but i always look up to God and leave everything in his hands....and i want someone who at least does the same)....i dont know whether to leave him and move..because i love him and he truly loves me too and i dont know what to do
Original post by Anonymous
i am in a very healthy and loving relationship with my boyfriend,and he truly cares about me....the problem is that his Christian life isnt as strong as mine and he doesnt seem to want to strengthen his relationship with God,i really love him but i want to date someone who has a strong prayer life(i mean,i am not religious or anything close to perfect but i always look up to God and leave everything in his hands....and i want someone who at least does the same)....i dont know whether to leave him and move..because i love him and he truly loves me too and i dont know what to do

First of all I love how you want a man that has a close relationship with God just as you do. I’m also a a Christian girl myself ☺️ and also want the exact same thing as you do. I would say to pray. As cliché as it sounds, God acc speaks to us when we call on him. Pray and ask for guidance. But I’d also say to talk to your boyfriend about it. See where his head is at and if he really loved you, he’d do anything to be with you. Remember relationships are all about sacrifices x
Reply 2
You might just not be compatible - I'd certainly appreciate and work with my partner's religious views in a relationship, but I wouldn't change my own views for their benefit, or expect my partner to change. If you don't think you can see a future with your partner with his current views, and he's told you that he's happy with his current religious beliefs/behaviours, then it's better for both of you to end things now and find someone that suits you better for a long-term partner. It's not easy, but in the long run it'll be better for everyone involved to have the chance to find a better pairing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending