PPLE at the University of Amsterdam - 2021 Applicants

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,
I applied for PPLE this year during the regular round. The interviews are coming up and I'm getting really nervous so I was wondering if anyone else has applied as well?
Advertisement
Anonymous4567
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I've applied as well. Do you know if you've passed the second round?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous4567)
Hi! I've applied as well. Do you know if you've passed the second round?
I haven't heard anything about the interview round so I'm quite nervous! What about you?
Anonymous4567
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't heard anything either. The interviews are supposed to start next week and I'm slowly losing hope. I feel like they should've contacted us by now to let us know if we got through to the last round... Fingers crossed though
Anonymous #1
I haven't heard anything either. The interviews are supposed to start next week and I'm slowly losing hope. I feel like they should've contacted us by now to let us know if we got through to the last round... Fingers crossed though
same... they are supposed to start on the 22nd and I still haven't heard anything. Have you heard since?
Advertisement
Anonymous4567
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
same... they are supposed to start on the 22nd and I still haven't heard anything. Have you heard since?
I received an invite to the interview round yesterday! Feeling quite nervous but also super excited. Have you heard back?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
how are you all preparing for the interview?
Advertisement
Anonymous4567
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
how are you all preparing for the interview?
I'm just reading through my personal statement, my CV, and maybe preparing some short answers. Based on what I've read on past threads concerning PPLE, I think the interview is more of a conversation so I'm not too stressed about it. How are you preparing?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I'm just reading through my personal statement, my CV, and maybe preparing some short answers. Based on what I've read on past threads concerning PPLE, I think the interview is more of a conversation so I'm not too stressed about it. How are you preparing?
Same pretty much, +trying to think of questions to ask them at the end
Advertisement
Anonymous4567
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same pretty much, +trying to think of questions to ask them at the end
When do you have your interview?
Anonymous #1
When do you have your interview?
How were your interviews? I have mine today but I haven't received a zoom link. Where did you find it?
Advertisement
Anonymous4567
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think mine went okay, we’ll have to see though. The zoom link is both in the email and on Calendly. Good luck to you and let us know how your interview went!
Anonymous #1
I think mine went okay, we’ll have to see though. The zoom link is both in the email and on Calendly. Good luck to you and let us know how your interview went!
Just finished with it. I'm quite nervous to be honest, I don't feel totally happy with how it went because it was so brief. I guess there's nothing to do now except to wait. Good luck, let me know once you've received a reply!!
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
what kind of question did they ask you guys? Hope it went okay.
Anonymous4567
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just finished with it. I'm quite nervous to be honest, I don't feel totally happy with how it went because it was so brief. I guess there's nothing to do now except to wait. Good luck, let me know once you've received a reply!!
I'm sure it went better than you think, besides they only interview "those who have a realistic chance of getting in" as they say on their website. I'm sure you've got a good chance! Have you applied to any other programmes?
Anonymous4567
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what kind of question did they ask you guys? Hope it went okay.
I barely remember because of how nervous I was. I think they mainly asked questions about my motivations for the programme, how I would fit in as a student, and how I would deal with the workload etc... Then in turn I had a chance to ask them some questions. The questions weren't difficult to answer or anything
Anonymous #1
I'm sure it went better than you think, besides they only interview "those who have a realistic chance of getting in" as they say on their website. I'm sure you've got a good chance! Have you applied to any other programmes?
I also applied to PPE in the UK. I'm deciding between UvA (if I get in >.<) and the University of Warwick. What about you?
Advertisement
Anonymous4567
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also applied to PPE in the UK. I'm deciding between UvA (if I get in >.<) and the University of Warwick. What about you?
I applied to International & European Law at the University of Groningen (also Political Science at UvA but I declined that already) so my choice will be between that and PPLE. At first I was quite set on going to the UK as well but I wanted to have a gap year and the tuiton fee prices went up for EU students so I couldn’t go anymore. :/ Are you from the UK?
Anonymous #1
I applied to International & European Law at the University of Groningen (also Political Science at UvA but I declined that already) so my choice will be between that and PPLE. At first I was quite set on going to the UK as well but I wanted to have a gap year and the tuiton fee prices went up for EU students so I couldn’t go anymore. :/ Are you from the UK?
I'm a student in Asia but I have an EU passport so yeah... I feel you on the tuition fee. To be honest I'm still doing research on the schools I applied to and see which one is the best fit. I really want to get into PPLE though! I think we have to wait for another week-ish and we will know. Good luck and definitely let me know if you get in/are going!
Anonymous #1
I just got in!!! Have you guys heard back?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (41)
29.29%
No (99)
70.71%

Watched Threads