The Student Room Group

Need a web designer

Hi! I’m looking for someone who can design and make a website for me. I need it as a portfolio / CV / business website! Happy to pay for this service!

Thank you,

Trish
Reply 1
Highly recommend FAM Design They operate from Turkey so they aren't as expensive as UK designers. Their designs are classy and very stylish. You can get a discount. Just give them this code: WW234. You can WhatsApp them at 0090 54 271 221 16
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Trish29
Hi! I’m looking for someone who can design and make a website for me. I need it as a portfolio / CV / business website! Happy to pay for this service!

Thank you,

Trish

You're probably unwilling to pay what these things really cost (even the massively discounted and cheap ones).

You are far better going to https://wordpress.com/ and setting up a blog, purchasing a domain name (via Wordpress), purchasing a theme for the site (for the business / CV / portfolio look), and then using the Wordpress admin UI to choose which pages exist, what the navigation looks like, and what the content is.

The best thing about this approach: You're in control and can update it at any time, it's very very cheap and realistically priced (themes are free as part of the package or range to a couple of hundred pounds), the ongoing costs are realistic ( https://wordpress.com/pricing/ probably the £7 per month one to get the premium themes ), the ongoing ownership of everything is yours, and you've gained a new skill in using a CMS (Content Management System) and probably learned a couple of bits of very basic HTML as well (though you don't need to, as the CMS does everything).

You almost never want to commission a website from a third party, it's nearly always a decision you'll regret - especially when seeking updates in the future. Just choose an approach that gives you control over everything always instead. Note that the comment above mine is likely spam, it's the only post made on TSR by that member and it's selling something.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest