The Student Room Group

University Withdrew My Course

I previously applied for a postgraduate loan to pay for my Masters course at University of West London. However, a year into my part-time, two year course, UWL cancelled the course and e-mailed me to say that I would not be able to complete my MA.

With this in mind, would I be able to reapply to SFE to get a postgraduate loan? I have been offered an interview at Goldsmiths University to complete a full course, since I have no transferable credits from the withdrawn course. However, am worried about expenses and unsure if I will get any funding due to this bizarre situation.
Original post by jj758
I previously applied for a postgraduate loan to pay for my Masters course at University of West London. However, a year into my part-time, two year course, UWL cancelled the course and e-mailed me to say that I would not be able to complete my MA.

With this in mind, would I be able to reapply to SFE to get a postgraduate loan? I have been offered an interview at Goldsmiths University to complete a full course, since I have no transferable credits from the withdrawn course. However, am worried about expenses and unsure if I will get any funding due to this bizarre situation.

Hi there,

If you have withdrawn from a previous Masters course and wish to apply again. You will need to complete the paper application and provide Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) evidence to be considered.

Thanks, Amy
Reply 2
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi there,

If you have withdrawn from a previous Masters course and wish to apply again. You will need to complete the paper application and provide Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) evidence to be considered.

Thanks, Amy

Thank you for responding. Since it is clear the University itself cancelling the course midway- giving me no choice to continue- is not a ‘compelling personal reason’, I’m quite sure I’m out of luck.

It’s disheartening that the university deciding to remove the course is considered as me ‘withdrawing’ too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending