Turn on thread page Beta

driving test watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i got my driving test tomorrow - YAY - first one!!!
    is it possible to be too confident? i well want to pass and don't want to do anything stupid, anyone got any advice? x

ReputationRep:
    Grip the wheel really tight with your right hand, keep your left one on the gearstick ready for any sudden gear changes you need to make, and always, always brake with your left foot. Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_cutie44)
    is it possible to be too confident? i well want to pass and don't want to do anything stupid, anyone got any advice? x
    Good luck...you can be over confident as my friend was but that is good in some sense...just make sure you are calm and nerves dont over take you you should get a good night's sleep...at 11.30 think you better get to bed..get to your test ontime so you are relax and not panicking...Good luck as long as you know what to expect and all your stuff you'll be fine!

Sab xx

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! You'll do fine.

ReputationRep:
    go to the 'how to pass your driving test' thread. i'll post another message with the link.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t64874.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirts)
    Grip the wheel really tight with your right hand, keep your left one on the gearstick ready for any sudden gear changes you need to make, and always, always brake with your left foot. Good luck!!!
    lol!

ReputationRep:
    :driver: (sorry - haven't used any of the new smilies yet!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    :driver: (sorry - haven't used any of the new smilies yet!)
    lol Where did you get that one from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabrina1985)
    lol Where did you get that one from?
    It's one of the new ones - go to advanced reply and click more at the bottom of the smilies

ReputationRep:
    :driver: Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirts)
    Grip the wheel really tight with your right hand, keep your left one on the gearstick
    Are you sure about that? :confused:

Both hands should be on the wheel, not driving one handed if you have to make an evasive manoeuvre. (unless you were making a subtle joke)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Are you sure about that? :confused:

Both hands should be on the wheel, not driving one handed if you have to make an evasive manoeuvre. (unless you were making a subtle joke)
    I think you'll find they were joking about that and the left foot braking.

Incidentally - has anyone ever tried left foot braking just for laughs? I never realised how sensitive the brake was until I did! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I PASSED!!!!!!!
    wow, i love driving! give me two days and i'll hate it but at the moment is great!

ReputationRep:

my advice? be confident in your ability, arrogant even, and dont hesitate to ask if you misunderstand any of the instructors questions

ReputationRep:
    I PASSED!!!!!!!
    wow, i love driving! give me two days and i'll hate it but at the moment is great!
    congratulations now go get on the motorway :!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    I think you'll find they were joking about that and the left foot braking.

Incidentally - has anyone ever tried left foot braking just for laughs? I never realised how sensitive the brake was until I did! :eek:
    especially since you're used to the heavy clutch with that foot. *sigh* my car's clutch has gone, not beign mended til friday. i want my car back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    especially since you're used to the heavy clutch with that foot. *sigh* my car's clutch has gone, not beign mended til friday. i want my car back!
    Yeah, that was what I decided was the problem. Was quite scared when I tried it the first time as I happened to be going about 50 down a hill, and suddenly slowed up quite a lot! (There weren't any other cars around if any of you think I'm a dangerous driver!)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.