The Student Room Group

Am I progressing at relatively good rate in my driving lessons?

Hi! I’m just wondering if I’m progressing average/quickly/too slowly, just to get an idea of whether I need to revise more between lessons or anything. Each of my lessons is two hours: I did cockpit drills, moving off and stopping, passing parked cars, positioning and some turning in my first lesson; T-junctions, side roads and some meeting situations in my second lesson; and more meeting, overtaking, gear changes and some driving on the main road today. Next lesson we’re focussing on the main road and the lesson after is roundabouts. There’s no car in the family so I can’t practise unfortunately, but I’m just wondering if this is quite quick progression, average or quite slow. Bearing in mind I’m a very anxious person, I like to progress at a good pace so I feel like I’m in control so it would be great to know roughly. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Maya.kg16
Hi! I’m just wondering if I’m progressing average/quickly/too slowly, just to get an idea of whether I need to revise more between lessons or anything. Each of my lessons is two hours: I did cockpit drills, moving off and stopping, passing parked cars, positioning and some turning in my first lesson; T-junctions, side roads and some meeting situations in my second lesson; and more meeting, overtaking, gear changes and some driving on the main road today. Next lesson we’re focussing on the main road and the lesson after is roundabouts. There’s no car in the family so I can’t practise unfortunately, but I’m just wondering if this is quite quick progression, average or quite slow. Bearing in mind I’m a very anxious person, I like to progress at a good pace so I feel like I’m in control so it would be great to know roughly. Thank you :smile:

Hi I had my second lesson yesterday and mine are an hour and a half. I would say you are learning at a pretty similar rate to me as on my second lesson I did T-junctions, gear changes, positioning and a bit on the main road. I had about an hour of private practice beforehand though.
I've done around 17-20 hours of lessons and i say you are progressing at a very good rate!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending