The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

no x
my parents have had AZ, but now i am scared for them after hearing the news about the side effects :/
Original post by Zobia khan
no x

Could u explain why many Muslims are against the vaccine (and are u also against the common ones like meningitis etc??)?
Just interested x
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
Not really common sense.

Before we remotely get to Covid vaccination we would first have to apply your "thinking" to other forms of self harm and risk.

So can we refuse medical treatment for :

- all the drug addicts? recreational or otherwise
- all those who drink lots of alocohol?
- all those who are obese through poor diet and lifestyle?
- all those who participate in unnecessary extreme sports and hobbies?
- rock climbers, base jumpers, parachutists, scuba divers, cliff divers, kite surfers, surfers etc?

You have a VERY long way to go before you get anywhere near vaccinations.

Hence your notion is fundamentally flawed and unsound.

Anyone who vocationally puts their body through unnatural harm should pay for it, as opposed to forcing others to pay for it. Bit of a common sense thing, an old lady needing a hip replacement being charged by the NHS would be a bit odd, but a chain smoker getting constant care for obesity while continuing to smoke should certainly be bent over backwards for their cigarette money.

Anyone who participates in extreme sports/etc that doesn't have some form of health insurance shouldn't be doing so and should be punished for it financially, though that doesn't seem to be popular in the U.K.
Original post by harlz_chalamet
my parents have had AZ, but now i am scared for them after hearing the news about the side effects :/

They will be fine and at much less risk from the vaccine than Covid.

Don’t be silly. You’re more likely to get blood clots from Covid that AZ by 10 times. Everything has a blood clot risk pretty much, including birth control but you don’t see women refusing it for that reason. The J+J vaccine causes blood clots too and so does Pfizer. The EU just blew AZ out of the water because of Brexit.

The whole thing with the thrombosis side effect is very rare
And chances are ur parents (idk what age they are tho so idk) would do pretty bad if they got covid to in a risk assessment, getting the vaccine was a safer option anyway.

Best not to worry bc there’s nothing u can do anymore, but talk to ur gp/ask them to if ur particularly concerned x
Original post by Anonymous
Could u explain why many Muslims are against the vaccine (and are u also against the common ones like meningitis etc??)?
Just interested x

Hey ... I mean I would explain but I'm honestly not too sure myself. I'm sure there are multiple reasons though probably the chemicals in the vaccine itself and maybe superstitions ig? I just simply don't want to have the vaccine in general ..my muslim friends had it though....again it also depends on the individual.
Original post by Zobia khan
Hey ... I mean I would explain but I'm honestly not too sure myself. I'm sure there are multiple reasons though probably the chemicals in the vaccine itself and maybe superstitions ig? I just simply don't want to have the vaccine in general ..my muslim friends had it though....again it also depends on the individual.

Ah right thanks
So did u have all the normal jabs like meningitis??

And why exactly do u not want the jab?
What superstitions?
What chemicals (one could argue everything is made of chemicals lol)?
Actually if anything we should isolate and quarantine people who get vaxxed for various things because they can and do spread viruses to others.

Depends on the specific vaccine in question. For example this study:

https://www.pnas.org/content/115/5/1081

Highlights that people who get flu vaccines spread Flu up to 6 times more than unvaccinated people !! Who knew?!

Discriminating against people with natural immunity would be totally wrong, divisive, wicked and not remotely rooted in science. It would be no different to discriminating against black people. Horrible that anyone who contemplate such discrimination.

Not really common sense.

Before we remotely get to Covid vaccination we would first have to apply your "thinking" to other forms of self harm and risk.

So can we refuse medical treatment for :

- all smokers and vapers
- all the drug addicts? recreational or otherwise
- all those who drink lots of alocohol?
- all those who are obese through poor diet and lifestyle?
- all those who participate in unnecessary extreme sports and hobbies?
- rock climbers, base jumpers, parachutists, scuba divers, cliff divers, kite surfers, surfers etc?

You have a VERY long way to go before you get anywhere near vaccinations.

Hence your notion is fundamentally flawed and unsound.

Awwww bless has the iddle widdle antivaxxer been triggered???
Original post by Ten-Ten
Thank goodness you’re not running the country

This whole ridiculous affair would have been over a hell of a lot quicker if I were.....
Original post by IWMTom
This whole ridiculous affair would have been over a hell of a lot quicker if I were.....

And probably a lot of dead people
Quickest way to end a pandemic:

Do nothing, let people die/get ill, don’t give any medical treatment at all (including ventilators) 👍

I HOPE NO ONES OFFENDED BY THE ABOVE I DONT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE AND WISH GOOD HEALTH UPON EVERYONE
(I would get the vaccine)
Original post by Ten-Ten
And probably a lot of dead people

Only those that don't fit in an intelligent and logical society.........
Original post by IWMTom
Only those that don't fit in an intelligent and logical society.........

And who are u to decide that?

Also (talking in stereotypes, I don’t mean to cause any offence) it’s often the ‘less intelligent’ people who do lower paid jobs, eg cleaners, binmen etc... and they do important jobs acc
And who are u to decide that?

Also (talking in stereotypes, I don’t mean to cause any offence) it’s often the ‘less intelligent’ people who do lower paid jobs, eg cleaners, binmen etc... and they do important jobs acc

I don't debate with anons in threads like this. Have the conviction to speak up with a name against you, or don't speak at all.
Just interested x

There were rumours it contained pork which would go against their beliefs. Currently some think they cannot have it due to fasting for Ramadan but in fact it has no calorific value.
Original post by IWMTom
I don't debate with anons in threads like this. Have the conviction to speak up with a name against you, or don't speak at all.

Lol says u who could be anyone... a username doesn’t mean anything lol
Original post by bethanny_g
I already did. Why not? I want things to go back to normal and people to be safe.

Amen to that!
Quickest way to prevent a pandemic . . . shut down the Wuhan Virology Lab where it came from.

I kinda trust the WHO... so I’d call the above a conspiracy theory?

Latest