sophieisdecent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
For people who do law with criminology (or law with a different subject), what is your workload like compared to students who do law on its own?
one_two_three
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I didn't do a joint honours but obviously I had friends studying different degrees. Generally speaking, Law degrees have some of the lower contact time with university but the highest independent study workload. I imagine that if you combine it with a degree like criminology then your workload will be slightly lower than just studying law. If you are studying a combined degree but think you might be interested in a career in law then try and undertake a qualifying law degree as this will mean you don't need to complete the GDL afterwards - which can be very expensive. If you do decide that law isn't for you then you can always change your major/minor weighting towards criminology as you progress.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (31)
11.4%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (152)
55.88%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (41)
15.07%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (42)
15.44%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
2.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise