The Student Room Group

I can hear the birds it 5am

Late night thoughts or early morning thoughts idk but
I was wondering, back in the times when they didn’t have phones like thousands of years ago, did the birds chirping be humans alarm, like the birds would chirp and they’d wake up and over time , we’ve modernised to use phone alarms to wake while the birds are still naturally programmed to chirp at this time
I still wake up by the sunlight and the birds. And yes, I'd assume so. Or by the chickens, or the people around them. But they'd most likely be woken up by their internal alarm clock.
coka a-doodle-doo?
(edited 3 years ago)
lol you’d think man. this is some intense thought, I remember when I was on holiday, I pretty much got woken up by a screaming chicken each morning so you’d think man
Original post by neelamm0001
I was wondering, back in the times when they didn’t have phones like thousands of years ago, did the birds chirping be humans alarm, like the birds would chirp and they’d wake up and over time , we’ve modernised to use phone alarms to wake while the birds are still naturally programmed to chirp at this time

no idea about that but i know in the victorian era i believe it was? you could pay someone to do a morning call at 6am, and this dude would legit just go house to house to wake people up in time for work like a human alarm clock xD
I don’t think the birds chirping is loud enough to wake someone up. It certainly does not for me
Original post by stephpear123
no idea about that but i know in the victorian era i believe it was? you could pay someone to do a morning call at 6am, and this dude would legit just go house to house to wake people up in time for work like a human alarm clock xD

Hahaha no wayyy omg what if the Morning call guy didn’t wake up either 😭😭😭
Original post by CaptainDuckie
lol you’d think man. this is some intense thought, I remember when I was on holiday, I pretty much got woken up by a screaming chicken each morning so you’d think man

Original post by Justaboutalive
coka a-doodle-doo?

Why did the chicken cross the road 🐓?
Original post by Moonlight rain
I don’t think the birds chirping is loud enough to wake someone up. It certainly does not for me

True, could be because we have better built houses now that kinda block out sound
Yes, at 4am-sih the Dawn Chorus is the waking song of the birds, you can hear it every day. There is also a Dawn Chorus Day, on the first or second Sunday of every May (I believe).

This information comes to you courtesy of me having insomnia and listening to the nature radio shows back in 2019.
Why did the chicken cross the road 🐓?

she was the lollipop lady
Original post by V℮rsions
Yes, at 4am-sih the Dawn Chorus is the waking song of the birds, you can hear it every day. There is also a Dawn Chorus Day, on the first or second Sunday of every May (I believe).

This information comes to you courtesy of me having insomnia and listening to the nature radio shows back in 2019.

This information is intriguingly specific
This information is intriguingly specific

Yep, Molly Green was talking about the Dawn Chorus leading up to 2019 Dawn Chorus Day on BBC Radio WM, and how the Dawn Chorus Day was originally linked to Birmingham :yy:

People woke up with the sun.

Quick Reply

Latest