The Student Room Group

Lobe piercing aftercare

Hi, so me and my friend got our piercings done on 12th april. She got the studex method and I got needle (went to different places). My friend got told that she should clean her piercings for the first 3 weeks then stop/clean every other day. This is so that like soft tissue can form rather than it be hard if that makes sense to anyone. She said the piercing should be kept dry though which makes sense. However I got a sheet that doesn't say anything how long you should clean them for. So what I'm looking for advice on is should I clean my piercings for the first 6 weeks + or clean for first 3 weeks and clean every other day. Thanks for the advice!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, so me and my friend got our piercings done on 12th april. She got the studex method and I got needle (went to different places). My friend got told that she should clean her piercings for the first 3 weeks then stop/clean every other day. This is so that like soft tissue can form rather than it be hard if that makes sense to anyone. She said the piercing should be kept dry though which makes sense. However I got a sheet that doesn't say anything how long you should clean them for. So what I'm looking for advice on is should I clean my piercings for the first 6 weeks + or clean for first 3 weeks and clean every other day. Thanks f

im assuming you got lobe piercings? when i got my 1sts and 2nds done they told me to clean my piercing daily for 6 weeks and after going in water x
Reply 2
Original post by millycanning
im assuming you got lobe piercings? when i got my 1sts and 2nds done they told me to clean my piercing daily for 6 weeks and after going in water x

Yes both got first lobes done. Thanks for the help
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, so me and my friend got our piercings done on 12th april. She got the studex method and I got needle (went to different places). My friend got told that she should clean her piercings for the first 3 weeks then stop/clean every other day. This is so that like soft tissue can form rather than it be hard if that makes sense to anyone. She said the piercing should be kept dry though which makes sense. However I got a sheet that doesn't say anything how long you should clean them for. So what I'm looking for advice on is should I clean my piercings for the first 6 weeks + or clean for first 3 weeks and clean every other day. Thanks for the advice!

I took a q tip with anti-bac and just went to town every day, and when I change earrings, even now a year in, I use an antibac spray just to slide them in easier and not struggle with the hole. Takes two seconds and never poke yourself again! Plus, I know I can literally never get infected ( or it's way less likely!) with that much antibac. Antibac is your friend.
Just rinse it under the shower everyday, you'll be fine. Its called the 'leave it the hell alone' method (im not even joking). Ive had a bunch of piercings that healed absolutely fine this way. Just don't put your grubby fingers anywhere near it and dont let anything dirty touch them.
Reply 5
Thank you all for the help x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending