The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Is it easier to get into the Imperial Msci Chemi course over the Bsc Course?

I am not sure what I want to do in the future, so I think the 4-year Msci course would be useful to see if I want to continue down the path of chemistry.

According to admission statistics, it is easier to get on the Msci course (as in there is a higher acceptance rate). Is it easier to get into the Msci course or is the acceptance rate higher because the applicants are smarter?
Reply 1
Could be that people applying for MSci come across as a bit more motivated in the personal statement & interview, since they're already committing to a 4-year degree. It's pretty easy to switch to or from MSci after you start, so I don't think they're intentionally being stricter against BSc applicants.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Sinnoh
Could be that people applying for MSci come across as a bit more motivated in the personal statement & interview, since they're already committing to a 4-year degree. It's pretty easy to switch to or from MSci after you start, so I don't think they're intentionally being stricter against BSc applicants.

MSci and BSc courses will typically have exactly the same entry requirements and as @Sinnoh says, it's very common for students to move between them up to about half way through year 3. There is usually a >60% average requirement to stay on the MSci track after year 3. Any difference in admissions statistics is simply down to numbers applying for different tracks on entry, but its really just the same cohort of students to begin with so there is no "extra" advantage in going for one or the other..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending