riya15003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
If I firm a choice on UCAS and add an insurance choice but I decide not to attend either and attend a university in another country, is that possible? Can I withdraw my application after declaring a university as my firm choice?
al159
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by riya15003)
If I firm a choice on UCAS and add an insurance choice but I decide not to attend either and attend a university in another country, is that possible? Can I withdraw my application after declaring a university as my firm choice?
I'm not totally sure but I think that would be fine though you might have to phone the uni to let them know.

Edit: the person that's replied after me seems to know more so I would go with whatever they say, I was just guessing.
Last edited by al159; 3 weeks ago
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you been offered a definite place on a similar course in another country, arranged the financial provision and checked on any matters to do with visas etc?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes. You can do anything you like outside of the UCAS system.

Even if you firm somewhere and your offer is made unconditional, you are not obliged to attend or become liable for fees unless you formally enrol.

Accommodation contracts are separate and you may be liable for fees depending on what you’ve agreed to.
riya15003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
Yes. You can do anything you like outside of the UCAS system.

Even if you firm somewhere and your offer is made unconditional, you are not obliged to attend or become liable for fees unless you formally enrol.

Accommodation contracts are separate and you may be liable for fees depending on what you’ve agreed to.
Thanks so much for your reply. So if I do firm a university and get the grades that meet the condition, I can still withdraw my place later for a university outside of the UCAS system and not be liable to pay fees; did I get that right?
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks so much for your reply. So if I do firm a university and get the grades that meet the condition, I can still withdraw my place later for a university outside of the UCAS system and not be liable to pay fees; did I get that right?
Yes, so long as you don’t enrol you are not committed to anything.

As above, accommodation contracts are typically separate so make sure you read any terms and conditions. In particular anything around cancellations.
riya15003
Rep:
?
Yes, so long as you don’t enrol you are not committed to anything.

As above, accommodation contracts are typically separate so make sure you read any terms and conditions. In particular anything around cancellations.
I haven't committed or anything to any accommodations as of now. The 'contract' between the student and the university after firming the university doesn't create any circumstances in which students are obliged to attend the university or pay the fees if withdrawing the admission?
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I haven't committed or anything to any accommodations as of now. The 'contract' between the student and the university after firming the university doesn't create any circumstances in which students are obliged to attend the university or pay the fees if withdrawing the admission?
No, it would be silly for the uni to force an unmotivated student to attend.

Unless you formally enrol, there are no circumstances in which you would be liable for tuition fees. If you want official confirmation, ask the admissions teams at the relevant unis. Tell them you are awaiting decisions from unis elsewhere and want to check at what point you’d be liable for fees.
riya15003
Rep:
?
No, it would be silly for the uni to force an unmotivated student to attend.

Unless you formally enrol, there are no circumstances in which you would be liable for tuition fees. If you want official confirmation, ask the admissions teams at the relevant unis. Tell them you are awaiting decisions from unis elsewhere and want to check at what point you’d be liable for fees.
okay, thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (129)
34.96%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (49)
13.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (22)
5.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (36)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (49)
13.28%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (43)
11.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (41)
11.11%

Watched Threads