username5702631
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
im stuck on revising for geography OCR any tips?
Last edited by username5702631; 3 weeks ago
abbbbbb.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 2021044)
im stuck on revising for geography OCR any tips?
Hi! I currently take geography OCR at a-level (but took edexcel b at GCSE). I would say use revision cards, as they summarise relevant information really well- really good for case studies. Use mind maps as well to revise too, i.e. write down everything you can remember onto a sheet of paper, which highlights information that you may not know! Quizlet is good for last-minute revision- if you didn't make flash cards. Not sure if you take a-level or GCSE geography (assuming you take GCSE), but maybe check to see if your exam board is on seneca learning, as this is great for last minute revision also.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grade-Geogr...a-852570852427 These are great if you haven't made any revision resources yet! I had similar ones for when I did GCSEs

Practice past papers too, as this improves your exam technique. Hope this helps!
Adas1332
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by abbbbbb.)
Hi! I currently take geography OCR at a-level (but took edexcel b at GCSE). I would say use revision cards, as they summarise relevant information really well- really good for case studies. Use mind maps as well to revise too, i.e. write down everything you can remember onto a sheet of paper, which highlights information that you may not know! Quizlet is good for last-minute revision- if you didn't make flash cards. Not sure if you take a-level or GCSE geography (assuming you take GCSE), but maybe check to see if your exam board is on seneca learning, as this is great for last minute revision also.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grade-Geogr...a-852570852427 These are great if you haven't made any revision resources yet! I had similar ones for when I did GCSEs

Practice past papers too, as this improves your exam technique. Hope this helps!
wow thxs i totally forgot about seneca

the probelm with ocr is tht there is not good revsion guides there all old school chunky and boring books

do u have any recomendatons?
abbbbbb.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Adas1332)
wow thxs i totally forgot about seneca

the probelm with ocr is tht there is not good revsion guides there all old school chunky and boring books

do u have any recomendatons?
The my revision notes one is good, I use that one at A-level and summarises the large textbook really well!
bananasarelife
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by abbbbbb.)
The my revision notes one is good, I use that one at A-level and summarises the large textbook really well!
hey have you done the ocr geography 2020 papers and if so, could you tell me what crops up? thanks!
abbbbbb.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bananasarelife)
hey have you done the ocr geography 2020 papers and if so, could you tell me what crops up? thanks!
hi sorry I did the papers around 3 weeks+ ago so can't really remember what is on the papers. Also, my teachers modified the papers slightly (took out questions and replaced them with other ones) so not completely sure if I even sat the 2020 ones! Will have to say though paper 2 was hard, so revise more for this one - if I did sit the 2020 ones.

good luck with your geography mock
Last edited by abbbbbb.; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (190)
74.8%
No (64)
25.2%

Watched Threads