The Student Room Group

Nickel in makeup

Hi there,
I’m in desperate need of help to find out what ingredients to avoid in makeup with a potential nickel allergy??!!
I use the normal “oxygenetix foundation” (not the acne one) and really need to know if there are nickel ingredients in it? Please let me know if you know , thankyou!!
Original post by Nikii124
Hi there,
I’m in desperate need of help to find out what ingredients to avoid in makeup with a potential nickel allergy??!!
I use the normal “oxygenetix foundation” (not the acne one) and really need to know if there are nickel ingredients in it? Please let me know if you know , thankyou!!

Hi, what makes you think there’s nickel in makeup? Have you had an allergic reaction to makeup?

I can assure you that nickel will not be in the makeup itself. Even glitter or shimmer that looks metallic is made from plastic or mica. The only nickel you’ll find is in the packaging, and it won’t leach out into the makeup so you shouldn’t have a problem with that.
Reply 2
Original post by carrotstar
Hi, what makes you think there’s nickel in makeup? Have you had an allergic reaction to makeup?

I can assure you that nickel will not be in the makeup itself. Even glitter or shimmer that looks metallic is made from plastic or mica. The only nickel you’ll find is in the packaging, and it won’t leach out into the makeup so you shouldn’t have a problem with that.

Hi there!
Thankyou for replying:smile: I saw on google that ingredients like titanium or iron oxide are or have some nickel in ? Are you sure that I’m safe from it? I mean the foundation I use has never really given me any problems but I think I now have a nickel allergy having the braces in moth for too long :frown: very painful !!

Quick Reply

Latest