Momof17yrold
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I took my 17 year old to a deserted car park for some driving practice. Usually I would pay to park here and use the shops/restaurants. During lockdown, this car park has been completely empty due to every outlet being closed. Perfect location I thought. I never even considered paying to park here because a) I didn’t park and b) it was deserted, everywhere closed and payment didn’t occur to me.
So I got at ticket as the car park has number recognition. I appealed based on the above , and that’s been thrown out. If I don’t pay the £60 within next 7 days, it goes up to £100.
Anybody experienced this? Is it worth appealing against the appeal decision or should I just pay up? Thanks
Last edited by Momof17yrold; 3 months ago
Nobody2u
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Momof17yrold)
I took my 17 year old to a deserted car park for some driving practice. Usually I would pay to park here and use the shops/restaurants. During lockdown, this car park has been completely empty due to every outlet being closed. Perfect location I thought. I never even considered paying to park here because a) I didn’t park and b) it was deserted, everywhere closed and payment didn’t occur to me.
So I got at ticket as the car park has number recognition. I appealed based on the above , and that’s been thrown out. If I don’t pay the £60 within next 7 days, it goes up to £100.
Anybody experienced this? Is it worth appealing against the appeal decision or should I just pay up? Thanks
Pay! You were in the car park and stayed there for some time. The fact that you decided to drive around, or rather let your 17 year old drive around was your choice. You were occupying property for which there is a requirement to pay. You will not win!
Momof17yrold
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Nobody2u)
Pay! You were in the car park and stayed there for some time. The fact that you decided to drive around, or rather let your 17 year old drive around was your choice. You were occupying property for which there is a requirement to pay. You will not win!
Yes I suppose I have to pay. I was wondering if anybody had a similar experience and been successful as technically, I didn’t actually park!
Nobody2u
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Momof17yrold)
Yes I suppose I have to pay. I was wondering if anybody had a similar experience and been successful as technically, I didn’t actually park!
But on the board at the entrance of the car park I imagine there is only a mention of the price per hour or half hour etc for the time spent in the car park. There will be no mention of the need to park or not. If there is no notice of price at the entrance, which is highly unlikely you may be able to challenge, but I doubt this is the case.
Last edited by Nobody2u; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.15%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (95)
10.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.4%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.92%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.36%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.06%
Financial worries (61)
6.82%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.26%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.04%

Watched Threads