johnlewis678
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m a fourth year medical student. I’ve applied to externally intercalate. I’ve chosen to do an MSc. As my intercalated year would be my fifth year of study I would be eligible for the NHS tuition bursary. However, my first choice is a taught masters at LSE where the tuition fee is £19,238.

I’m reaching out to get some advice on what my options are. Can I have access to the £9,250 NHS BSA and then cover the shortfall (£9,738) via a post graduate loan from SFE? I’m also applying to several scholarships and support schemes. LSE has their own graduate support schemes but have asked what funding I already have available. Is this £9,250 NHS Bursary something I can include in the application?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by johnlewis678)
I’m a fourth year medical student. I’ve applied to externally intercalate. I’ve chosen to do an MSc. As my intercalated year would be my fifth year of study I would be eligible for the NHS tuition bursary. However, my first choice is a taught masters at LSE where the tuition fee is £19,238.

I’m reaching out to get some advice on what my options are. Can I have access to the £9,250 NHS BSA and then cover the shortfall (£9,738) via a post graduate loan from SFE? I’m also applying to several scholarships and support schemes. LSE has their own graduate support schemes but have asked what funding I already have available. Is this £9,250 NHS Bursary something I can include in the application?
Hi, you can apply for the postgraduate loan for this intercalated masters year. Regarding the bursary query, this isn't something we offer so you would need to discuss the NHS bursary with the NHS and they will advise if you are eligible/entitled to this bursary.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (129)
34.96%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (49)
13.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (22)
5.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (36)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (49)
13.28%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (43)
11.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (41)
11.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed