The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever lied on their CV?

like say you did data entry and made bookings, spoke to customers and served customers in a hair spa (and these skills would help you get into the field you want to go in which is administration)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i don’t need to lie:colone:
Reply 2
Original post by sy!¡
i don’t need to lie:colone:

I have to lie to tailor the cv into the field that I want to go in
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anon346775
I have to lie to tailor the job into the field that I want to go in

why not just attain the necessary skills,
I suspect that most people with CVs have either lied at least twice, exaggerated something or been sneaky/dishonest in connection with at least one of their references. Often all three.
Reply 5
Original post by Wannabevetnurse

I will starting from next week. I was asked whether I did data entry I said no because I didn’t want to lie about that too.
(edited 3 years ago)
like say you did data entry and made bookings, spoke to customers and served customers in a hair spa (and these skills would help you get into the field you want to go in which is administration)?

Yes but don't do it if you can't carry it off should they ask you about the lies. Probably the only tomes I've outright and intentionally lied actually.
Yes
I called it exaggerating”
I’m a good waffler so I can hold up if they ask me
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
I have to lie to tailor the job into the field that I want to go in

but what happens if you get invited to an interview and they ask you to expand on the skills that you’ve lied about in your CV?
Lying about that kind of experience won't be very believable.
Original post by Wannabevetnurse

You know what, in any other scenario, I would agree, but if you're going for a job, just do what you gotta do
Original post by Theloniouss

It isnt easy and you shouldn't do it if you're not confident you can lie about it.
Original post by Theloniouss

the professional helping me with my cv seems to believe me, and my cv isnt good because i have no work experience in admin.
Yes, or else, I would never find a career. Sometimes, there is nothing wrong with a little white lie.
No I haven't. I don't need to:u:
(edited 3 years ago)
like say you did data entry and made bookings, spoke to customers and served customers in a hair spa (and these skills would help you get into the field you want to go in which

yeh I've done similar
at least I am not lying about grades, I know some who messed around in school (my brother) and lied about his grades on a “fake” CV, he made a real one and said the truth. Lying about grades is a whole another thing.
(edited 3 years ago)
how is that fraud? what has it got to do with money?
Original post by sy!¡
but what happens if you get invited to an interview and they ask you to expand on the skills that you’ve lied about in your CV?

make it up
make it up

true that. i hope you’re a good liar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending