The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

warwick rejection

I just got rejected for law at Warwick and I'm super lost as they said it was full, unsuccessful, or withdrawn. I'm thinking of calling them for feedback as I'm feeling really down about it so should I?
do you think it is possible if I ask them I can apply for another course like PPL or will that be pathetic of me?
any advice appreciated
I think you should be allowed to apply again for a different course at the uni. That’s what i did with bristol. I applied for law, got rejected and applied to do social policy instead. Don’t feel too down! This is just a small part of your life and I’m sure you’ll go on to do great things!!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Anonymous
I just got rejected for law at Warwick and I'm super lost as they said it was full, unsuccessful, or withdrawn. I'm thinking of calling them for feedback as I'm feeling really down about it so should I?
do you think it is possible if I ask them I can apply for another course like PPL or will that be pathetic of me?
any advice appreciated

You can ask whatever you want. The admissions person won't care they ultimately just want to fill the course with the most suitable candidates, although realistically its late in the day so all the slots on the other course may have filled up but their is really no harm in asking.

I would advise you to find a course you like rather then get attached to any one university (perhaps double back to review your other offers), ultimately what you achieve at university matters far more then where you go.
Reply 3
Original post by mickeyholt
I think you should be allowed to apply again for a different course at the uni. That’s what i did with bristol. I applied for law, got rejected and applied to do social policy instead. Don’t feel too down! This is just a small part of your life and I’m sure you’ll go on to do great things!!

thank you so much for your kind words
may i ask how you changed your coourse? was it by clearing or calling them
did you end up doing law still or plan to?
Reply 4
Original post by mnot
You can ask whatever you want. The admissions person won't care they ultimately just want to fill the course with the most suitable candidates, although realistically its late in the day so all the slots on the other course may have filled up but their is really no harm in asking.

I would advise you to find a course you like rather then get attached to any one university (perhaps double back to review your other offers), ultimately what you achieve at university matters far more then where you go.

i don't mind PPL it seems unique and interesting as it is a mix of philosophy law and politics (similar to PPE)
i don't think my other options are strong enough to have a good career in law e.g wanting to work in magic circle
my current option is to have york as firm (crim with law LLB)
but thank you so much
thank you so much for your kind words
may i ask how you changed your coourse? was it by clearing or calling them
did you end up doing law still or plan to?

Well with Bristol they offered you alternative courses that you could apply to on their portal. I’m not sure if Warwick have that on their portal. Another thing you could do potentially is email them and ask if you can apply for a different course. Thats what I did with Edinburgh and they were very helpful in telling me which courses I could or couldn’t apply to. Try and email them I would say.

Yep I still plan on doing law 😁 i have an offer from kent so i will probably go there.
Reply 6
Well with Bristol they offered you alternative courses that you could apply to on their portal. I’m not sure if Warwick have that on their portal. Another thing you could do potentially is email them and ask if you can apply for a different course. Thats what I did with Edinburgh and they were very helpful in telling me which courses I could or couldn’t apply to. Try and email them I would say.

Yep I still plan on doing law 😁 i have an offer from kent so i will probably go there.

congratulations! sadly Warwick don't appear to do that
instead of the email should I call them as it would be sooner?
congratulations! sadly Warwick don't appear to do that
instead of the email should I call them as it would be sooner?

Thank you! Yeah maybe you’ll get through to them quicker if you called them. I would email the department for the course and the undergrad admissions and i would call the undergrad team
Reply 8
Thank you! Yeah maybe you’ll get through to them quicker if you called them. I would email the department for the course and the undergrad admissions and i would call the undergrad team

thank you i will try calling first then email if that fails
good luck on your degree at kent!
thank you i will try calling first then email if that fails
good luck on your degree at kent!

Thank you!!!! Hope everything goes well for you😊
in a really similar situation with law and PPL :frown: what did you end up doing?

Quick Reply

Latest