GCSE Textbook Suggestions

Watch this thread
AA..
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm hoping to be studying most of the following subjects for GCSE in the next year:
English Language: AQA
English Literature: OCR
Maths: AQA
Triple Science: AQA
Ethics and Philosophy: AQA
Geography: AQA
History: Edexcel
Health and Social Care: OCR

Please could you list a some books that would be useful for each subject. Any other tips would be appreciated too.
Shy oreo
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
- Cgp books are the only revision guides you’ll need
Just type in CGP {Subject} book
I use it and it’s very helpful
AA..
Rep:
(Original post by Shy oreo)
- Cgp books are the only revision guides you’ll need
Just type in CGP {Subject} book
I use it and it’s very helpful
yes, ive used CGP a lot before. Thanks!
Dragon264
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Getting the exam boards books and syllabuses can be useful too!
AA..
Rep:
(Original post by Dragon264)
Getting the exam boards books and syllabuses can be useful too!
I'll look them up. Thanks so much!
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AA..)
I'll look them up. Thanks so much!
however i suspect your school will give you all the textbooks next year when you start the gcse courses. The only thing that I recommend you buy yourself right now is the CGP guides, apart from that see what textbooks you're given next year and take it from there
username5710157
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I found BBC bitesize sufficient for most subjects. For English, lots of free content is available on youtube so i wouldn't bother getting a textbook for that. CGP textbooks are amazing for sciences. Good luck
AA..
Rep:
(Original post by User18041982)
I found BBC bitesize sufficient for most subjects. For English, lots of free content is available on youtube so i wouldn't bother getting a textbook for that. CGP textbooks are amazing for sciences. Good luck
Yes, bitesize is great. Thanks so much!
Pyruvic Acid
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Although it's not a textbook, I found 'freesciencelessons' on YouTube to be a great resource.
username5710157
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AA..)
Yes, bitesize is great. Thanks so much!
No problem
AA..
Rep:
(Original post by Pyruvic Acid)
Although it's not a textbook, I found 'freesciencelessons' on YouTube to be a great resource.
Yes, we use it in science lessons during lockdown. They were quite useful - thanks so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (66)
66.67%
No (25)
25.25%
I didn't use it to prepare (8)
8.08%

Watched Threads