The Student Room Group

Had 4 take aways

I'm worried about ending up in an early grave or being obese. I've been having an average of 3 takeaways the past few weeks because there's been stuff going on and we have no time to cook then we get a takeaway. I'm normally working and I come home then drink so get too tired to cook and my family got takeaways then I get tempted as well because you get left out when everyone is just eating takeaway and you're not. I had McDonald's when I met my friends outdoors because the restrictions got lift so we thought we will meet outdoors and we sat on the bench. I have had takeaway with family as well and now I'm just scared about going fat or going in an early grave. I have always been the skinny guy in school and stuff and I just dont want to get fat. I was in bed last night unable to sleep because I was worried about being in am early grave or fat.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm worried about ending up in an early grave or being obese. I've been having an average of 3 takeaways the past few weeks because there's been stuff going on and we have no time to cook then we get a takeaway. I'm normally working and I come home then drink so get too tired to cook and my family got takeaways then I get tempted as well because you get left out when everyone is just eating takeaway and you're not. I had McDonald's when I met my friends outdoors because the restrictions got lift so we thought we will meet outdoors and we sat on the bench. I have had takeaway with family as well and now I'm just scared about going fat or going in an early grave. I have always been the skinny guy in school and stuff and I just dont want to get fat. I was in bed last night unable to sleep because I was worried about being in am early grave or fat.

Hey it will be ok, look into creating meal prep for the week if you dont have time to cook because then you will always have something healthy or more balanced waiting for you in the fridge. Making meals for the next 3-5 days usually takes around 2 hours but after that you'll be good.
Reply 2
Hey it will be ok, look into creating meal prep for the week if you dont have time to cook because then you will always have something healthy or more balanced waiting for you in the fridge. Making meals for the next 3-5 days usually takes around 2 hours but after that you'll be good.

OK thanks for this
Reply 3
Original post by studybunnyy
I'm sure eating unhealthy food can make anyone worried,sometimes I question if its good for my health as well. If your really worried then I suggest maybe just going on a small walk or exercising a little bit and drinking plenty of water. If your family does happen to order takeaway why not go for a much healthier option that has vegetables or isn't that high in calories. Hope this Helps!!!😃

Cheers

I've had a recent takeaway problem too and it's hard to kick. You could probably do with finding recipes for meals online and making simple stuff at home and meals you can share with friends. Don't worry about your weight but do what you feel is best for yourself regardless of what anyone else thinks. I'm a bit of a fat guy and sometimes I'm concerned about my wellbeing, but do remember that if you want to kick this fast food habit you have to find ways to do so that will be easy and accessible to yourself. I don't think Jamie Oliver is the messiah of meals-but I have found his 5 ingredient book immensely helpful so you can cook something that's easy and will blow any takeaway out of the water and send them hurtling to the sky Team Rocket style. I tell you if you know how to cook you should definitely try Jamie's sausage carbonara unless you hate Jamie or are a vegetarian/vegan or you don't like pasta or sausage.

Don't worry, I think you're overthinking it. 4 take aways is nothing.
Just try to eat healthy from now :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Qxi.xli
Don't worry, I think you're overthinking it. 4 take aways is nothing.
Just try to eat healthy from now :smile:

Cheers babe
Reply 7
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
I've had a recent takeaway problem too and it's hard to kick. You could probably do with finding recipes for meals online and making simple stuff at home and meals you can share with friends. Don't worry about your weight but do what you feel is best for yourself regardless of what anyone else thinks. I'm a bit of a fat guy and sometimes I'm concerned about my wellbeing, but do remember that if you want to kick this fast food habit you have to find ways to do so that will be easy and accessible to yourself. I don't think Jamie Oliver is the messiah of meals-but I have found his 5 ingredient book immensely helpful so you can cook something that's easy and will blow any takeaway out of the water and send them hurtling to the sky Team Rocket style. I tell you if you know how to cook you should definitely try Jamie's sausage carbonara unless you hate Jamie or are a vegetarian/vegan or you don't like pasta or sausage.

Cheers
What type of daily exercise do you do on a regular basis?
Hi it is okay.They just 4 okay
It's simple - don't eat takeaways. If you have no time to cook meals, there are lots of relatively healthy ready meals you can buy, which are both cheaper and healthier than takeaways.
Be warned you may appear on one of those fat reality shows if you're not careful.
If you have stuff going on then it's not your fault you're having to get takeaways, but if you want a healthier option you could always take an hour or two to meal prep (ie. make some salad or sandwiches). If you have the time it can be a lifesaver (metaphorically and literally lol), but if not just offset it with an hour of exercise everyday and you'll be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest