Can I cancel my Uni application for this year and reapply after a gap year?

Watch
CornedBeef
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I still really unsure what I want to do and I want to build my savings and my game development portfolio before going to Uni so I was wondering if I would be able to cancel my Uni applications that I have conditionals for and reapply for the year after? Also if I can would I be at a disadvantage when applying for the year after?
pancha143
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yes you can just withdraw on UCAS or phone the unis you've insured and firm and ask for to differ if you still want to go there.
CornedBeef
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pancha143)
yes you can just withdraw on UCAS or phone the unis you've insured and firm and ask for to differ if you still want to go there.
Thank you!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CornedBeef)
I still really unsure what I want to do and I want to build my savings and my game development portfolio before going to Uni so I was wondering if I would be able to cancel my Uni applications that I have conditionals for and reapply for the year after? Also if I can would I be at a disadvantage when applying for the year after?
You can cancel via UCAS and it won't hurt your chances of reapplying next year.

Or if you prefer you can phone your unis to ask if they would switch your offers to deferred offers for next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (129)
34.96%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (49)
13.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (22)
5.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (36)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (49)
13.28%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (43)
11.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (41)
11.11%

Watched Threads